Why doesn't myfitnesspal count strength training as lost cal

Options
Like the question says, I feel like I could have a better feel of what I do and what to eat to recover properly. I'm not trying to drop weight fast, just healthy.

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That section is just used to keep track of your reps.

Add strength training under cardio to add the cals to your daily total burn.
  • soxmandan
    soxmandan Posts: 26
    Options
    oh i feel dumb now.....i didn't even think of that.

Thanks!
  • pricenskok
    pricenskok Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh thats good to know! I'm still trying to learn everything about this site so I can use it to its fullest potential! :)
  • Nickel1969
    Nickel1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much I was wondering how to count this.... :smile:
  • ktmcqueen
    ktmcqueen Posts: 81
    Options
    dont feel bad i had the same question when i started this website and just never asked. thanks for asking!
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I also didn't know i could log strength training under cardio to count calories.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Q. Doesn't strength training burn calories? Why don't you show any calories burned for strength training?

A. Estimating the calories burned from strength training is very difficult because it depends on a variety of factors: how much weight you lifted per repetition, how vigorously you performed that exercise, how much rest you took between sets, etc. Because of this, we do not automatically calculate how many calories you burned from strength training exercises.

However, if you'd like, you can add "Strength training" as a cardio exercise to get a rough estimate of how many calories you burned. Please be aware though that this is definitely a rough estimate and can be fairly inaccurate.