Kettlebell workout-results?

Options
lindssaurus
lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Just started using the kettlebell 15lb and loving it. Want to lose about 60lbs paired with running 3x a week. Has anyone had a results? How many time did you do it aweek? How long?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Hey there..I use my kettlebells 2-3 times a week, and walk/jog/or run 4-5 times a week...Great results!!
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've been running 3 times a week for 8 years, and recently took up kettlebells 4 months ago, 3 or 4 times a week. I can't believe the difference the kettlebells are making, I can feel myself getting stronger and I quickly moved up from using a 6kg(13lb) kettlebell to a 12kg one.
  • clark614
    clark614 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What is the workout ? Do you have a video that you follow?
  • hannahxxo
    hannahxxo Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I go to a Kettlebell class once or twice a week (work permitting) and its always a great workout! When I can't make a class I try and do some exercises at home using a Tabata app which is free and you can use this to complete HIIT of 20 seconds of either swings, squats, lunges, upright rows etc. in sets of 3 or 8.
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    clark614 wrote: »

Been using YouTube videos from: Bodyfit by Amy which is awesome she is isn't demanding or overly bubbly and will try fitnessblender. Today I pulled a muscle in my back from trying some new moves. Guess I will have to watch my form and keep practicing. But I am enjoying it more than Dumbbells and body resistance workouts.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There's also a channel on Youtube called BetterBelieveFit I can't remember her first name, but she has a load of easy ones, including short instructional videos on many of the main kettlebell swings. :)
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    clark614 wrote: »

I go to a class once a week, and the rest of the time I do them at home following a youtube video by BodyFit by Amy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are equipment not workouts so it's really difficult to judge how effective your workout is

And anything in combination with a calorie controlled diet will help you lose your weight
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    As far as seeing results - most of that is going to come down to diet. I could teach 15 kettle bell classes a week and still gain weight because weight loss is going to come down to calories. I love kettle bells and use them often but I can't attribute any of my results or success to them alone. I lost weight because i ate at a calorie deficit. I preserved as much muscle mass as possible by strength training. So kettle bells and running are great but diet is going to come before for weight loss.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    KB workouts can be very effective depending on your intensity etc. You should probably find a good class if you really want the results you are looking for. KBs can work pretty much every aspect of fitness so you should see a good improvement in musclular endurance, anaerobic and aerobic endurance, strength and flexibility.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because I have a KB myself and would like to see if anyone else has good suggestions for routines. Not quite sure where to start since my gym doesn't offer KB classes.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love my kettlebells. I started out using the Ironcore dvd's, but then moved to Julian's shred it with weights. I live in a small town with a crap gym and no classes on anything LOL. It's dvds or youtube or bust.

I find them very effective and after about a month can see some definition in my arms underneath the flab. I also find them really fun. I walk 120 min a day (split between 2 breaks, lunch, and after work) and do kettlebells 2x a week.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because I have a KB myself and would like to see if anyone else has good suggestions for routines. Not quite sure where to start since my gym doesn't offer KB classes.

You might want to search through YouTube for videos. There are a lot of them and should give you some good ideas.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I love my kettlebells. I started out using the Ironcore dvd's, but then moved to Julian's shred it with weights. I live in a small town with a crap gym and no classes on anything LOL. It's dvds or youtube or bust.

I find them very effective and after about a month can see some definition in my arms underneath the flab. I also find them really fun. I walk 120 min a day (split between 2 breaks, lunch, and after work) and do kettlebells 2x a week.

Your routine sounds nearly identical to mine, as I walk at work breaks and lunches as well. I'll check out the DVDs since is like to add more strength training, but really dislike my gym's setup of Dumbbells and barbells.

You might want to search through YouTube for videos. There are a lot of them and should give you some good ideas.

I'll do that! Thanks for the suggestion.

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Please don't do Jillian's KB workouts. Her form leaves much to be desired. Her swings in particular are horrendous