Stuck in a Rut

Options
breyn2004
breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
I started September 1, 2010.... I've lost 40+ pounds to date. I'm extremely pleased with this, but it seems as though the last few weeks, it's just stopped. I'll be down one day, up way more the next. Back and forth and getting no where. I'm 1500 calories/day, 45-60 minutes of cardio and strength training program -4 to 5 days a week.

Any suggestions on how to get the weight coming off again?

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? It gets much harder when you get so close to your goal. The last few lbs. seem to take forever.
  • nikkih_89
    nikkih_89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What I've been yold when that happens is ti switch my routine up. Check your food and exercise diaries and see where u can switch something. Keep up the hard work and don't feel discouraged. Also are you drinking enough water? And like she said are you eating back your exercise calories? I'm sure u will be able to figure this out. Keep us updated :)
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    No, I don't guess I'm really eating back my exercise calories.... I do 1500/day period.

Water, yes. LOTS of water. That's all I drink and I make sure to drink lots of it.

As far as changing things up.... with my food, I don't really. With exercise I do. I usually do an 1 hour/day, but one day I might do 30 outside on my bike, 30 on the elliptical, might do the whole hour on one of the other, etc.and with strength, my husband and I alternate our workout from week to week.

I met my first big goal not too long ago, but I wanted to lose another 10 before the beach next month... maybe I'm just overly stressing it?

Thanks for the info!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I got stuck in a rut back in February. Then, to make matters worse.. I shifted into low range and mashed the gas just a bit too hard and broke a dang axle. It really ticked me off.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think a few rest days (active rest) may be in order. A re-evaluation of your lifting routine might be a good idea also. I don't know what you are doing now, but a shorter routine with heavier lifts followed by light cardio just may be what you need?
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Im not an expert, but was in a plateau for 5 months, then ate more protien, less stachy carbs, more intense weight strength training, less cardio, more good fats and no sugars, and then lost about 25 lbs in 2 mos............again, Im not the expert, but this is how I got outta my platea.............good luck, been there done that...........Lloyd
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    are you at your ideal weight? Are you eating healthy?

I found out I was not working out enough so I stepped it up. Hopefully I will start to lose again. I hit a rut myself.