First Half Marathon

Options
2»

Replies

• obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Did you get good race bling? ;) Congratulations on your first half marathon.

They are super addicting. I'm working on training for my 9th half marathon in April and then I have number 10 on Thanksgiving day. Well, unless I find another one to run before Thanksgiving. If you're looking for a good training plan for your next half, check out Hal Higdon or RunnersWorld beginner half marathon training plans. The C2 plans are also good.

And again, congratulations!!
  • sixis
    sixis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations......
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are a marathoner! :D
    I am training for my 3rd in April.
    I always say this is my last one.......but somehow get suckered back in.
  • Genrgenr
    Genrgenr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Didn't you feel fantastic when you did it? Take your bib and write the time on it and get ready for the next one.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Very well done lad :-)

Spooky timing to read this thread. I asked a friend this morning if she'd like to train with me to run a half marathon :-) We're both fat and unfit, so it's something to aim for! I think we'll start with a 5k, then a 10k, then a half marathon :-)
  • Heather_Nichole15
    Heather_Nichole15 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You know what they call the guy that graduates last in medical school? Doctor ! The point is it doesn't matter if you were first or last you still did it - amazing job my friend.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! Mine is in 2 weeks and I am TERRIFIED. I couldnt even run for 5 minutes without wanting to die when I started Couch to 5k in October..but I think I'm ready..as long as I don't psych myself out!!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I ran my first half marathon! I finished at 3:17:56, and I was 8072 out of 8095, but I ran a half marathon! My legs hurt like hell, but I ran a half marathon! (Can you tell I'm proud of that?!)

Amazing job, congratulations! I am working on a 10k coming up in April and then I was thinking I would try for a half marathon too! :)
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Excellent! Very well done lad :-)

Spooky timing to read this thread. I asked a friend this morning if she'd like to train with me to run a half marathon :-) We're both fat and unfit, so it's something to aim for! I think we'll start with a 5k, then a 10k, then a half marathon :-)

I went straight from 5K to half marathon - don't do it! :P
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    obxsrfrgrl wrote: »
    Did you get good race bling? ;) Congratulations on your first half marathon.

Awesome race bling!
    nh02X0q.jpg
  • sheenades0804
    sheenades0804 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your time was better than my first half marathon I did. We all start somewhere and this is where the start is for you. You are going to want to do several other half marathon. I find them very addictive lol.
  • looseboy
    looseboy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done. Great achievement. I am currently on week 8 of a C210k plan in preparation for the Brighton 10k in April.
    Never seen myself as a runner given my size but so far so good.
    For anyone focusing on 5k I think Parkrun's are a great place to start/aim for.
    Good luck all
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!