Need a little accountability help!

Options
Je_suis
Je_suis Posts: 10 Member
I have been trying to loose weight for over 20 years; when I turned 30 I said, while I blew out the candles, I swore I was not going to spend my 30's fat, over weight, whatever. Now looking down the barrel at the last 2 years of my 30's I am no where near where I wanted to be. I will be 38 in August and I want to have a great head start at being my best self at the end of my 30's and in better health than I was at the beginning of them. I am here to learn and be inspired, and maybe even held accountable!! Anyone wanna help!

Replies

• Nixygirl
    Nixygirl Posts: 35 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey Je-suis, I'd be happy to help in any way :) I have a looong road ahead of me and need to lose 375lbs/170kgs til I'm at my goal weight. So pretty much, I have to lose a class 2/3 morbidly obese person!

I've only just started (am in my second month and loving it) and have lost over 45lbs/20kg at last weigh in (which was over a fortnight ago, so I'd have lost more since then). I'm on quite a strict diet of 1400cals to prepare for bariatric surgery in a few months time. Even after the surgery tho, I'll still have to watch what and how I eat, because it's easy to cheat the surgery.

Anyway, I've sent you a friend request :)
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello, I will send you a friend request. I will be turning 35 this year, and I really so want to be down to my before baby weight. That's 5 kgs away. Ideally would like to knock off a few more kgs.
    Let's do this. By the way, my birthday is in August too, let's use it as a end goal. We want to look great for our birthday now, don't we? :)
  • Nixygirl
    Nixygirl Posts: 35 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm an August birthday girl as well :D The 29th (same day as Micheal Jackson). Also, I forgot to mention my age, I'm 47 and I live in Sydney Australia. :)
  • MelanieDawn_80
    MelanieDawn_80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request - I'm right there with you. I lost 150 lbs, gained half back and just recently found my groove again. I'm down 20 lbs since mid December - it's much harder now that I'm over 30 but we can do this! Best of luck to each of you!
  • DeanaSpencer
    DeanaSpencer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You have to want to change. Would be happy to help. I felt the same way and it took splitting my pants to realize I was done with being huge. This site is amazing. Use it with honesty and it does work. I lost over 80 pounds and have kept it off for 3 years now. Start slowly and understand that it is not a diet but rather a healthy lifestyle change.
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)
    Have gone up and down with my weight... But I had managed to lose 120lbs at one point!!
  • Je_suis
    Options
    hellosay wrote: »
    Hello, I will send you a friend request. I will be turning 35 this year, and I really so want to be down to my before baby weight. That's 5 kgs away. Ideally would like to knock off a few more kgs.
    Let's do this. By the way, my birthday is in August too, let's use it as a end goal. We want to look great for our birthday now, don't we? :)

Most definitely! I am aiming to loose about 30 lb by August!
  • Je_suis
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied! I have never participated in a group setting before and am really looking forward to motivation from people that understand the struggle! I will definitely reciprocate!
  • jiveturkey32
    jiveturkey32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best, and there is a large support group on this app. The best thing that you can do is set your goals and stay relentless. I, too, approached my 40's with disappointment in the fact that my self concept was nowhere near reality and that I have been largely unsuccessful in losing weight and getting into shape. So far, I have found that this app is great for accountability and it opens your eyes as to what you are doing to make a difference
  • Beth_Manning
    Beth_Manning Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! I would love to participate with you all. I have 40 lbs I want to lose! I could use some help as well. I have some medical things I am dealing with too. Please add me ! I am a great team player! :):)