New, but been doing this for a month now. I love it!

Options
slk210
slk210 Posts: 7 Member
Ok, I'm Susie and I'm new to this and yet I have been doing it for a month now. I didn't introduce myself earlier due to not being sure if I would fail within the first week. But I didn't fail. It's been one month and I'm 10lbs. lighter and I love it! I'm so focused, I'm practically addicted to logging my calories and finding healthy choices when I want to eat in restaurants. I'm excited to lose 10 more lbs. next month!

Replies

• Rickie_Raver
    Rickie_Raver Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the right attitude to get to where you want to go :smile: Keep up the good work. MFP is a valuable tool.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Hello...
    feel free to add me as a friend.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    it does that to you doesn't it? I didn't come on here at first, I just used the app and logged my food and did some exercise. All of a sudden I was losing weight. I started coming on here and the support from everyone is just amazing. Whenever I feel like moaning, people pick me up and make me laugh and everytime I want to shout from the roof top about a pound gone, or NSV, everyone shouts with me.
    I love it!
  • slk210
    slk210 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah...addicting! Once I made it through logging and eating right for 7 days, I knew I would make it. I haven't lasted 7 days on any "healthy lifestyle change" in a long, long time. I usualy caved in once the weekend hit and then never started again on Mondays. Now I don't even cave on weekends. I think I've only had one serious cheat day where I comsumed double my calories and the others like when I first started were over by 300- 500 calories. Now, I don't even have the urge to overeat cause that one day made me gain 3 lbs. and it took a week to get it off. And if I do overeat my calories, I try to walk or do the stationary bike to burn some or all of it. I love this new change in me. it goes with everything else I'm changing...new haircut, new job promotion, new love, and soon new body.