Dust Yourself Off & Try Again

Options
kelli_abbott24
kelli_abbott24 Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi There!

Like most people on here I also am trying to lost added weight AGAIN! Last year I lost about 35 pounds with a hardcore trainer and very stressful workout/diet regimen in addition to heavy work schedule but with new job change and budgeting that was no longer an option and I quickly fell off big time. I went from 237lbs to 198lbs now back to 278lbs. I have gained the weight back plus more in the passing months and its really bringing me down. I want get to healthy weight for my height and feel better in my own skin...I am trying this again so add me for needed support and to give me support as well. I will take any suggestions for food, exercise, etc!

Motivation is key!

Replies

• julieingalls
    julieingalls Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I did great lost 15 lbs went to the gym daily, except the weekends, ate very well. Well life just took over and I stopped going to the gym and went back to my old eating habits and put all the weight + back on. :( so here I am working at it yet again! Best of luck to you!
  • kelli_abbott24
    Options
    Exactly! Its like you can be doing everything perfect then life comes and changes and your back to square one! Thanks so much for the encouragement! Wish u luck on your journey as well!
  • chvikes
    chvikes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost 115lbs after having lapband surgery. I had a complication and it had to be removed. I gained about 25 ponds back but then kept it steady for about 4 years. Then my boyfriend was killed in car accident and in 1 year i have gained almost 30 pounds. I understand the busy schedule and life changes that keep wanting me to have comfort food and no exercise. I want to gain my life back and want to be back under 200 lbs. I also hate that my closet of clothes do not fit. :(
  • kelli_abbott24
    Options
    I am so sorry you had to go through such tradegy but you are the only one who can change the future. You have the tools and support if you need it!
    Add me if you want support!
  • deborahks
    deborahks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle. I am trying to get myself on track and am also looking for support and motivation. I've had a rough weekend so I cleaned out my frig and pantry. I'm hoping grocery shopping tomorrow will Rev up drive. Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. The first time I started MFP, I lost 35 lbs, I started at 283 and went down to 255. I gained it back slowly (gained 10 lbs, lost 10 lbs, gained 5 lbs, lost 5 lbs, gained gained gained). Annnnd now I started back again at 283 somehow lol I am currently down 6 lbs in my first week of using MFP again and hope to get down to 250 by May, and 200 by the end of the year. :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Its like you can be doing everything perfect then life comes and changes and your back to square one! Thanks so much for the encouragement! Wish u luck on your journey as well!

I have to say, there is an important tip I can see just from this. You do not have to do everything perfect. None of us can. Life does come, but you learn to plan for it and if you over eat occasionally or don't work out enough, tomorrow is a new day, as long as you keep going you will do this. One of the most important lessons I have learned in the past few years, is this does not have to be an all or nothing deal.
    You also mentioned that last time was a very stressful and difficult way to lose weight. It doesn't have to be that way. Remember that exercise is very important for good health, but weight loss is done in the kitchen. You do not have to starve yourself either.
  • zl1noe2012
    zl1noe2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Be encouraged if you are at least logging into myfitnesspal at least by doing that its a form of accountability. I dont know what kind of excercise you have time for right now but i weigh 236lbs and I tried jogging last week and it hurt my knees.

Thankfully I had a road bike I bought at walmart 2 years ago and Ive been trying that for an hour a day during the week except Saturday. I can say its easier on my knees and you burn quite a bit on it depending on how you ride. I feel my leg muscles toned and stronger. I know for sure thats its more beneficial for your body than pounding the ground while jogging. So I recommend cycling but If you do take this option i would recommend you buying a more quality bike from a bike store and of course read up on it.

Dont feel like your the only one out there struggling because that is a lie. I believe being accountable to people is a great tool for success. I am looking for an accountability partner too.So right now I am accountable to MFP and its going good ty Jesus.

Get going and God bless your Journey to weight loss.
    To God be the Glory
  • kelli_abbott24
    Options
    Thank everyone for the kinds words of encouragement and advice! It doesnt go to waste!
  • tulsaBill
    tulsaBill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Same here. I lost over 100 2 years ago and job changes and such gained 80 back. I'm not back on the wagon and trying again.
  • sarahrox0913
    sarahrox0913 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out, I need motivation or just someone who is right here in the same boat with me! I currently weigh 352, hoping to steadily lose 2 lbs a week!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I yoyoed quite a bit before I realized I really needed to stay here and track. Start slow and build up slowly so you can learn to incorporate the change into your life. For a week or two just log without worrying about calories. I did this and it gave me insight into what I was doing wrong and helped me develop my plan on how to eat within my calorie goal. Then take it in baby steps - drink more water- eat more vegetables - exercise 15 minutes 3 time a week. Incorporate these things slowly and they will become almost automatic.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have a history of yo-yo weight. My latest "excuse" was pregnancy. I am trying to get back to my pp weight initially. I still have 25 lbs to go to reach pp weight, but then I have a longer term goal after that. I am trying to change my lifestyle to make better overall choices with diet and exercise. Please feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • hcp726
    hcp726 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have always been a very private person when it comes to my weight loss struggle. I have tried for so many years and have tried all sorts of diets. I figure maybe joining a community would help me stay on track this time. I have 100+ pounds to loose and it seems daunting. Thanks for sharing everyone.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs and went from 260 to 199.8 and then went back to old habits and regained 40lbs. I'm restarting at 238.8lbs now. I'm not stopping for anything this time! I started the C25K program yesterday and I've fully loaded my fridge with veggies and fruit. :)
  • kathydgrace
    kathydgrace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds last year and felt great! Recently I noticed my clothes becoming tighter--I have stopped exercising and not being very careful about what I ate. Today I weighed and have gained 14 pounds. I am making a new commitment to a healthier lifestyle AGAIN. It was so hard the first time to lose the weight, I don't want to go back. Looking for support and encouragement--not judgment. Here's to re-prioritizing (I always have an excuse). We can do this!!!
  • Raynald25
    Raynald25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yea I've learned to slowly implement a lifestyle. Seasonal commitment = seasonal weight loss and fast weight loss = faster weight gain when you go back to your normal lifestyle. But slowly change new things and be patient. Do what you love. If you love to ride bikes and or dance do both a lot. Play basketball (for me) etc.. Just enjoy it and it becomes a lifestyle change.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    At my highest weight I was 220lbs which on my 5'2" frame was a lot.. I did trainers, fad diets, damn near starve myself, rabbit food, baby food, 6 week bootcamps,weight loss pills, blah, blah, blah. I'd lose and then put it right back. Most of the time with a little extra just to put the oommphh on it...I finally found the formula that works--calories in/calories out. No fancy trainer, no eating twigs and berries and no putting out tons of money on stuff that is only Temporary!. I dropped down to 150 thanks to MFP then I stopped logging and in a year put 22lbs back so not now I'm back doing what works...calories in/calories out. Cheap, Simple and to the Point. I'm already back to 159lbs. It's a process. Believe in the process!! feel free to friend me!
  • revfresh
    revfresh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ryan...I have a similar story. Using this site, daily, exercising and watching my diet I lost close to 50lbs. Then life...
    I found out I have diverticulitis when an abscess ruptured in my colon. Not only could I not work out, but I had to be on antibiotics for 35 days, and change my diet to help ease the healing inside. It was an awful diet full of processed junk that is easy for the body to digest. The pain was immense. I'm still working on getting that all figured out...the body is a funny thing. THEN...being a silly guy I tried to do something I shouldn't have and ruptured my ACL, tore my medial meniscus, tore my hamstring, and bruised my bone. Hooray stupid human tricks.

I almost gained it all back. I went from 297 down to 249 then back up to 283. I'm back at it though. I've got my music, I've got motivation, I've got a plan.

Feel free to add me, we can work on this together. We are human, we all go through it.
  • MelanieDawn_80
    MelanieDawn_80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lost 150 lbs, gained back half of that when life got stressful. I'm proud to say that I've recommitted to myself and am down just over 20 lbs. since mid December. This is like a marathon - this may sound crazy but I'm kind of thankful that I gained back some of the weight, it made me learn a lot about myself. The most important thing being that I shouldn't make any changes that I can't live with long-term (Like as in the rest of my life). Even at 147lbs I saw myself as fat when I looked in the mirror - looking back at those photos I don't think I looked healthy. I was 7 lbs from what I thought would be a healthy weight (BMI chart) and killing myself to get there. I was eating 1200 calories a day and working out 2+ hours a day hard core. This go around, I have talked with my doctor and have a revised more reasonable ideal weight goal. I no longer see just "fat" when I look at myself in the mirror. I am proud of how far I've come and am going to keep pushing through until I achieve my new goal and this time it will stick because I've only made changes I can live with!