Shakes

Options
Are there any shakes that are full of good stuff like shakeology but won't take up my whole eating budget like shakeology does?
Another words, I love the chocolate shakeology but I don't love the price.

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Any basic protein coupled with a multivitamin would provide more than that MLM for less money. The other option would be eating balanced foods.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    "Good stuff" like Shakeology.....uh-oh. Not too many fans around here. Their "good stuff" is debatable.

There are tons of high quality protein powders out there. Make a smoothie with fruit & veggies, add a fat source (nuts, coconut oil). You know what's in it.

I like Pure Protein (whey).
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Walmart and Target sell pure protein. Pretty good. I bought a cheap mixer and make it with skim milk.
    Cost is less than $1/ serving. .04 cents for a multivitamin
    Shakeology is what? $5 a serving?
    * Don't get scammed by people trying to sell you stuff.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love ump vanilla shakes w/ 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, filling and tasty after lifting weights. UMP protein shake serving is 120 calories and 20 grams or protein. I mix it with unsweetened cashew milk (25 calories per 8 oz.) and 1/2 cup of frozen unsweetened strawberries is about 30 calories so for a total calorie count of 175 calories I am getting good protein and the fiber/vitamins from the strawberries. I like to get most of my calories from real foods, and I like to eat a lot of real foods so I stay away from high calorie shakes -- not worth it.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you're set on a pretty complete shake, Lean 1 from nutrition 53 ($25 for 15 servings on Amazon) is great. I'm switching to straight protein and a multivitamin, personally but have to say that don't think I'd have come this far without Lean 1..
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Lean1 Chocolate Peanut Butter is the best protein/meal replacement shake I've had thus far. Chocolate is also good, just not as good (IMO) as the one with PB. I just add PB2 to it. It's 36.99 for a 15-serving tub at Vitamin Shoppe. Never buy it there. Anywhere else online is much more reasonable. Like AlphaCajun mentioned, Amazon has it cheaper. Also, if you keep an eye on the nutrition53 website, or sign up for their emails, they often have 50% off sales online. They also have bundle and save options where you can get 2 15-serving tubs for $40.

I've started dabbling into Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. I tried Mocha Cap and it was ... interesting. Everyone else seems to love ON, so that might also be one you'd like to try. It's 28.99 at Vitamin Shoppe (in the store. it's 29.99 online).
  • janicekdavis484
    janicekdavis484 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really like shakes and don't mind skipping a meal to have one because they're so tastey! I know they may not be the best but for now if I'm gonna use them I just want the best "bang for my buck" as far as nutrition and money, so thanks for your input!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You can make your own shake with protein powder, spinach, oatmeal and any other micronutrients you'd like for less than a dollar.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Any good whey protein and a multivitamin would be about 1/5 the cost and provide better nutrition. Shakeology is actually an overpriced shake. You are doing the opposite of getting the best bang for the buck with that product.