sad for p90x :(

Options
2»

Replies

• mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I bought mine, brand new, off craigslist, unopened for $40. Just saying, you can find it out there....
  • CarrieGinger
    Options
    Hey there - had to tell you to try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...I am in pretty good shape and this kicked my butt!!! If you do the workout for 5 days a week (there are 3 to work up to)- which it is only 25 minutes - you will see result in the first week - I SWEAR - my girlfriend turned me on - I have tried tons of different videos! Just my two cents - also here is the best part- it cost 9.95 at TARGET : ) it combines strength, cardio and abs...WAY cheaper than P90X
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I bought a used copy for more than half off. There are many people who do buy it and then never complete it. But, keep in mind that there if you don't have resistance bands and/or weight, you'll need to purchase those and a pull up bar too in order to do P90X (though you can substitute bands for the bar with an appropriate door attachment). I got lucky and the lady who sold me her P90X included her pull up bar and I already had some weights.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I bought a used copy for more than half off. There are many people who do buy it and then never complete it. But, keep in mind that there if you don't have resistance bands and/or weight, you'll need to purchase those and a pull up bar too in order to do P90X (though you can substitute bands for the bar with an appropriate door attachment). I got lucky and the lady who sold me her P90X included her pull up bar and I already had some weights.
    I second this suggestion. You may find if you ask around that someone has it lying around and will either loan it to you (without having to ask multiple times lol) or sell it to you on the cheap. If you are really on a budget you will probably want to start with resistance bands rather than dumbbells.

ETA: I agree with finding a legal avenue for obtaining. I ordered Turbo Fire from Beachbody and actually had several DVDs that did not work properly and they replaced them free, no questions asked. I only had to open a ticket on their website.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    If you really want to try it that badly and are dreading the gym, can you just buy it and skip the gym membership? Just a thought...
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    P90x isn't bad if it works for you, in the end it's exercise. But assume for arguments sake it takes $200 to buy P90x, which is just a series of dvds, no new info or anything, couldn't that $200 go to something better that will allow you to change your workouts to how you see fit? Say a gym membership maybe?

200$ towards a gym membership in NY gets you about two months with initiation fees etc,

p90x with the dvds bands and pull up bar is probably about 250$? but you get to keep that forever.

I dont get it
    Also I've heard so many people get the gym membership and they don't know what to do. What exercises, how many reps, how much weight etc.
    So some people will spend more money on classes, or private training.

Get the DVD's. You can do them when you want, any time of the day you want.
    Nobody bugging you.
    Nobody using your weights.
    Nobody sweating on your machines.
    Nobody staring at you.

Plus dozens of people on MFP doing the same thing as you, so you can get tips, get support from others doing the same exercises.
  • Paintbynumb3rs
    Paintbynumb3rs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found this site http://5anovelty.com/home_Page.html . It's not spam and I paid 60 bucks for mine. It's the real thing, never been opened.