I just started dieting !!!

Options
rose_frye
rose_frye Posts: 7 Member
So I just started dieting. I am 5'7" and I weigh 175. I am trying to get lower then that maybe around 145-150. I just started dieting yesterday, and unlike all other times I tried I haven't eating anything bad! I have tracked my food and exercised a little yesterday but does it ever get easier? I find myself tempted to eat chips or cookies but I have stuck to my guns! I have an amazing support system but I just find myself hungry :(.

Replies

• Helloidentitycrisis
    Helloidentitycrisis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What is your loss set to? For as little as 25-30lbs I'd say 0.5-1lb a week is good! The lower your loss, the more likely it is to stick!

q463hpgdw306.jpg
    Low n' slow, baby.
  • rose_frye
    rose_frye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's a pound a week. Just finding it hard to deal with it I guess, I am such a bad eater that this is really hard for me, I love fast food and sugary snacks so I think my body is feeling weird because I have such a headache!
  • Helloidentitycrisis
    Helloidentitycrisis Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oh, I recall that! To be honest I cut as much of sugar as I could for the first couple weeks, but kept moderate amounts of junk in slightly better choices. The symptoms will subside over time! And if you really need it consider making/learning to make healthier versions of the junk you'd usually have. It'll be more filling per calorie!

I often have an egg sandwich with ketchup when I'm craving salty junk food, or cold chicken with chili sauce and fromage frais is another favourite...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calories (or you earn extra calories with exercise) you can eat your favorite foods. Just don't go overboard. Try and make healthy choices more often than not. For me, this is a lifelong commitment, so I refuse to do anything that I'm not willing to live with permanently. I would never give up my favorites. (I've been on maintenance now for over 4 years.) Good luck! :)