Should I join a gym?

Options
bhanvi
bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
Do you recommend joining a gym? Is gold's gym good?
Thanks! :)

Replies

• tottie_07
    tottie_07 Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Whatever gets you up and moving and keeps you interested. I work out from home and have built up my home gym starting with only a few kettle bells, to having my own squat rack and bench press. But some people are more motivated being around others at the gym who are driven. Whatever works!!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? As large commercial gyms go, Gold's is about the best I've seen.
  • rebeccamurphy12979
    rebeccamurphy12979 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a Gold's member and of all the gyms I have belonged to I like them best. They have a variety of classes and they offer a Fit Test which gives you a great picture of your fitness, so you know what to work on. The staff is all friendly and helpful, and supportive of people who aren't already super fit. If you are a gym newbie and can afford the extra cost, I highly recommend small group training. This is a variety of fitness classes given by trainers with a limit of 9 or so in each class so the trainer can help you modify or make sure you are doing the exercise correctly. In good weather I also bike, hike, kayak and swim, but a gym added to this gives me NO excuses.
  • jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what motivates you. I do not like going to a gym because I can come up with too many excuses not to go. I stay on track much better when I workout at home. I prefer workouts with little to no equipment because I have kids around and have bopped them in the head too many times. I've had success with many of these home workouts http://bit.ly/microBOD so much success I became a coach. I have used a number of these programs over the last 15 years and they keep me motivated.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Personally I do better if I go to a place specifically engineered for exercise, but that's just me. If you think you will use the gym and going to a gym will fit into your lifestyle, then you should join. The variety of equipment, which most of us would not be able to replicate and possibly fitness classes, is a plus. For me, exercising at home isn't an option because as soon as I start exercising my dogs and cats think it's playtime or I will see dustballs under the couch (that must be taken care of right away!) or I will slack off.
  • AZnewbie00
    AZnewbie00 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As long as you will go consistently. It all depends on you.
  • VanetteMcG
    VanetteMcG Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You have to do what you like. I go to 4u fitness. It's really fun.
  • mmitha
    mmitha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try doing the fitness blender workouts from YouTube they are challenging and a lot of fun . I personally don't like gyms because I get bored with treadmill , cycling , stepper although the group fitness classes are great . Try fitness blender workout if you don't enjoy it much the try a trail membership for a week or so you will know what works for you good luck !!!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I joined the YMCA recently, they have the Les Mills Body combat and body pump classes. I loved it. Up to that point I had lost 35 pounds on my own at home on a recumbent bike. I like the group workouts and spin class.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!