47 lbs is my enemy

Options
I'm 5'7 and was at 268 lbs. I dropped to 230 in 3 months. After injuring my back and having a herniated disk, I gained 25 lbs back. Currently at 247 and still have a herniated disk. I'm taking it one step at a time. I got the cardio and weight lifting set. Just trying to manage the cheat days. Any ideas on that? Also, what supplements should I take, if any, to help with losing weight?

Replies

• brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Don't have cheat days. When i was actively losing weight (285 to 195) I didn't see the purpose in making choices that would just fck up my progress. I didn't see the purpose in getting in the way of my own results, for what, a mcflurry or a pizza...how good is that really?

Save cheat days for when you hit your goal and have established healthy eating. When you're still learning how to eat healthy don't let yourself eat poorly, it'll only deter healthy eating.

and you don't need supplements, an every day vitamin and protein powder would be the only thing I'd suggest. Neither is necessary, but you'll want to make sure you get plenty of protein in your diet (which I think almost makes protein powder a must).
  • BeinLoved
    BeinLoved Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with brdnw. I strictly track my macros and follow the IIFYM lifestyle. I eat clean but if I want something I make it fit my macros, I don't have cheat days. You sabotage your hard work! Good luck with getting over this hurdle, you got it!
  • dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you eat the way you are supposed to, you shouldn't need any supplements. Remember things like eat good fats, don't overload on carbs, watch the red meats, eat your veggies, and burn more calories than you take in. Support is also a big one. Anyone can add me!
  • jlinares1028
    jlinares1028 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    brdnw wrote: »
    Don't have cheat days. When i was actively losing weight (285 to 195) I didn't see the purpose in making choices that would just fck up my progress. I didn't see the purpose in getting in the way of my own results, for what, a mcflurry or a pizza...how good is that really?

Save cheat days for when you hit your goal and have established healthy eating. When you're still learning how to eat healthy don't let yourself eat poorly, it'll only deter healthy eating.

and you don't need supplements, an every day vitamin and protein powder would be the only thing I'd suggest. Neither is necessary, but you'll want to make sure you get plenty of protein in your diet (which I think almost makes protein powder a must).

I appreciate the information.