Dust Yourself Off & Try Again

Options
2»

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have also recently gained a lot of weight. Good luck in keeping up with it this time. We all know that it is difficult. Feel free to add me.
  • kelli_abbott24
    kelli_abbott24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Its amazing to hear all of your stories
    We all have a common goal and all have struggled but we are motivated to do it!

• lbinkley35
    lbinkley35 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing that help me a year and half ago was changing my lifestyle as far as what I eat made a bigger difference than extreme workout . Also nothing wrong with sweets it's all about moderation. Keep it up you will get back there.
  • kelli_abbott24
    kelli_abbott24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is the food as well once I get that done then the workouts will fall into place
  • lbinkley35
    lbinkley35 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just start slow like I did a year ago. I use to eat a honey bun and soda everyday started by eliminating sodas and eating a honey bun once a week than eventually none at all it's a process but worth it.
  • a2wom
    a2wom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight last year and was almost to my goal. I had some health issues in the fall and surgery in December. I gave up on eating healthy and tracking food. I gained 26 pounds. I have lost 4. I am tracking food again and signed up for some races to keep me motivated with exercise. I am disappointed that I totally gave up before and trying to change my all or nothing attitude when it comes to exercise and food. Really trying lifestyle changes I can stick with rather than doing some of the diets - even though achieving quicker results would be nice!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    At my highest weight I was 220lbs which on my 5'2" frame was a lot.. I did trainers, fad diets, damn near starve myself, rabbit food, baby food, 6 week bootcamps,weight loss pills, blah, blah, blah. I'd lose and then put it right back. Most of the time with a little extra just to put the oommphh on it...I finally found the formula that works--calories in/calories out. No fancy trainer, no eating twigs and berries and no putting out tons of money on stuff that is only Temporary!. I dropped down to 150 thanks to MFP then I stopped logging and in a year put 22lbs back so not now I'm back doing what works...calories in/calories out. Cheap, Simple and to the Point. I'm already back to 159lbs. It's a process. Believe in the process!! feel free to friend me!

^^^ This folks, listen to the smart lady. There is no magical "healthy" foods that you have to eat. There is no "special" diet, way of eating or time of day that you have to eat. My highest was 268 pounds, I've been 150 pounds for two years now. Calories in/calories out.