In need of support

Options
Hey guys I am new and would like to have some friends for support and advice. I started at 440 last Monday and today my weight is 427. I could cry. It has been so hard and it's only been a week. I have no support here at home so I would like to hear from some of you. Thank you.

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Welcome and a BIG congrats on a great first week. Sending you a request.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing great. Keep in mind that after the first few weeks your loss rate will slow down. That doesn't mean that you are doing anything wrong. It just means that the initial big water weight whoosh that most people have at the onset of weight loss has finished and your losses from that point forward should be more due to fat loss.

Keep it up!
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's a great first week! Feel free to add me!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Finding a support community that will keep you accountable is key. Great job in losing 13 lbs!! You got this! Feel free to add me.
  • holmesj747
    holmesj747 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are off to a good start, keep putting in the work, and I have no doubt you will be able to make it!!!
  • Skillet007
    Skillet007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey there, man you're doing great! It's soooooo hard getting started, but I promise, you stick to it and it'll get better, I promise. As the lbs come off you'll get more confidence and resolve. I'd be proud to be your friend! Congratulations on making a change!
  • a1steaksauce
    a1steaksauce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey congratulations, that's alot of weight to lose and cant speak for everybody but we're proud of you! I came on this forum to get some motivation so somewhere in this world, somebody is looking up to you :)
  • Fitandfabulous247
    Fitandfabulous247 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Way to go stay encouraged!
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start. It actually does get easier over time. You will adjust to your new lifestyle and will find yourself actually looking forward to healthy choices. I also find I enjoy my food more and really take the time to saviour every bite especially if I'm eating one of favorites.

This doesn't mean you won't slip up, we all do, but don't let this derail you. Recognize that your human, admit that you enjoyed your cheat and then get back on track at your next meal.

This is a journey, not a race, and once you learn to enjoy it, you'll be able to sustain.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! :smiley: Keep going, it is hard, but it'll be worth it. Keep your eye on the big picture. Your weight loss will slow down, it will fluctuate. Don't freak out when the scale goes up on occasion, because it will. Try a trend weight program like Happy Scale (iPhone) or Trend Weight (Android). It'll help you see the overall downward trend when he weight bobs up and down.

Think of Dory "Just keep swimming, swimming swimming!" :blush:
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is hard work don't get discouraged. I started my weight loss one year and three months ago. It took six months for me to see a dramatic change. it's not easy but you will get use to it. Drink lots of water. It's a long journey but once your at your goal it will be worth it. Feel free to add me. I will share what I've done.
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    By the way that is amazing results. Keep your head up you will be surprised at what your capable of.
  • woodrowpack
    woodrowpack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am just learning how to use this app. I just now saw your reply. Lol
  • woodrowpack
    woodrowpack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all you guys. It has been really great to read all the positive reply's. I don't have anyone at home to say good job, or you can do it. It means a lot. Again thank you.
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! We'll be your support system :) make small changes and add new things gradually!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If you have struggled with weight issues in the past, you know how soul sucking it is to put in a ton of effort and see no appreciable results, but then you also know how empowering it is to see progress - and you are now on the Progress side!! How incredible is that?!! And you did it all yourself - you had the willpower, you had the motivation, you did the work - thats brilliant, and you should be so very proud of yourself. Its a great accomplishment - please keep us posted on your future successes!!