help me out please?

Options
I do karate once a week, I go for walks, do push ups at home, lift weights and only really eat breakfast and lunch and still i weight 98.6 kgs at 6 foot tall.

I take olanzapine 5mg and rapidly gained weight until I got to 100kgs and then it stabilized. So what should I do?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Olanzapine has that difficult side effect. Maybe talk to your doctor about a different medication.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well as long as you're not still gaining it sounds like tou just need to do what everyone else does to lose weight. Find out how much you should be eating and through diet and exercise stay 500 calories below that and you should average about a pound per week loss.
  • linnellal
    linnellal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Taking an antidepressant has its good points, we start to feel better about ourselves. But they also have their bad points because one of the side effects of so many is weight gain and that can bring us down again. There are a few that are considered weight neutral. Talk to your doctor. If a side effect is having a significant effect on you life it might be time to explore another option.