Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Favorite oil free marinade?

pinggolfer96
pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
whats your favorite homemade oil free marinade for meats and fish?? Just curious on what everyone likes(:

Replies

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Wouldn't use a marinade for fish...

Beef - sea salt. If have a cheap cut then I am or likely braising, so no need.
    Pork - sea salt and maybe brown sugar if it is going on the grill for a few hours, some times will brine aa tenderloin.
    Chicken - I will brine wth salt and brown sugar...more so if grilling skewers
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    I use bribes as well. I like trying different vinegar to change the flavors.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Smoked Paprika tastes good on everything.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Yeah I met brines! Not really rubs, but something you would soak the meat in overnight
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    This is not oil free but uses very little oil. 2 tsp. in about 2 cups of marinade. Piri Piri Sauce is great on chicken, pork, beef or shrimp. You can adjust the heat with the type of pepper you use. Just use red bell pepper for no heat. Or add jalapeno for mild. Use bird's eye chilies for hot. It is spicy raw but mellows when cooked. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html
  • Karmenadlica
    Karmenadlica Posts: 2 Member
    I like using mustard in almost all of my marinades because it really tenderizes the meat. So, for about 500 g of meat (pork, beef or chicken, doesn't matter) I use 1 tbsp of oil, 1 tsp of mustard, 1/2 tsp of paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. It's DELICIOUS :) ,