Looking for more friends for encouragement, ideas and support

Options
ladymissdana
ladymissdana Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hello,

I am coming back to MFP after a bit of a break to care for my terminally ill, very loved Grandmother. The past months doing anything health and fitness related just wasn't a real option. I am slowly getting back into a routine and am looking for gentle support, motivation, ideas and encouragement.

I had a lot of success with MFP when I first started. I lost about 18 of the 30lbs I wanted to lose and became a runner. A real runner. From not being able to run for 60 seconds to running 10 miles and training for a half marathon. However, I had to set it aside. And I want to get it back.

My challenges right now are, if you can believe it, not eating enough (which is actually causing me to gain weight!) Not being consistent with daily workouts. And just generally feeling out of the routine of taking care of myself.

Am looking for friends to add or who will add me. And wanting to connect and get myself going and accountable to a like minded group.

Thanks!
Dana

Replies

• smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I know you said you are a pretty good runner, I can't run because of health restrictions but I did start a group for people like me who can't do much or normally don't do much and want to get motivated to push themselves a little more this month. The group's goal this month is really reasonable, 22 gym visits and 75 treadmill miles over the course of the month. That might seem like to low of a goal for you or it might be just enough to get yo back in the swing.

Anyway if you're interested, or anyone else is, the group is called March Madness Fitness Challenge and if you search my user name under author it pops right up!

Either way good look getting back on track!
    -Sam
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • dvs19622013
    dvs19622013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. :)
  • cheloldroyd
    cheloldroyd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • HorsesRuleMyLife
    HorsesRuleMyLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm in need of motivation and friends on here.
  • TheCampaign
    TheCampaign Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me always looking for new friends