ranting about biggest loser... SPOILERS

Options
crystal_sapphire
crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
I find it interesting that they're going home to show that weight loss can be done at home... yet that one chick said "my goal for today is to burn 7000 calories". well that makes no sense. you'd have to work out all freaking day. therefore, i'm guessing these people aren't working? the entire point for people saying it's unrealistic for that huge kind of weight loss to occur at home is because people in their daily life have things like jobs, relationships, kids, etc. burning 7000 calories in a day from working out is not feasible and therefore losing lots of weight in short amount of times is still not realistic

this season so far isn't the greatest :/ i know they are trying to show weight loss can occur at home, but i dont thin they are going about it the right way.

thoughts?

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that they're going home to show that weight loss can be done at home... yet that one chick said "my goal for today is to burn 7000 calories". well that makes no sense. you'd have to work out all freaking day. therefore, i'm guessing these people aren't working? the entire point for people saying it's unrealistic for that huge kind of weight loss to occur at home is because people in their daily life have things like jobs, relationships, kids, etc. burning 7000 calories in a day from working out is not feasible and therefore losing lots of weight in short amount of times is still not realistic

this season so far isn't the greatest :/ i know they are trying to show weight loss can occur at home, but i dont thin they are going about it the right way.

thoughts?
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I agree to an extent. It isn't the same as you or I trying to lose our weight while we go about our daily lives. But, I do applaud their efforts to place people in their normal temptations (fast food, skipping exercise, etc.) and check the outcome. I did do a minor freak out when she said she wanted to burn 7000 calories though.
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    We all know that weight loss can happen at home...because we are all doing it.....and we do not burn 7000 calories aday.......I do not watch the show because it is very unrealistic for the average person who is trying to lose weight..Exercise and portion control...that is what works....at least for me.

For me it is a lifestyle change...not a diet.....
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Exercise 6-8 hours at their health and weight conditions? Ya right! Oh and hey buddy, have another hotdog and fries!:laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I about cried when I saw David from the orange team go home and have fries and a hot dog...having water to drink DOES NOT make up for that...I am so rooting for team orange, and if Daniel has to be there working out 8 hours a day, David needs to buck up and have a salad or something...yes it's possible to lose weight and still have hot dogs and french fries (we all do that at times) but not on the Biggest Loser...Daniel needs to win this...so David needs to help out!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    And now I'm bawling because Dan came in last and everyone else came down to help him...awww..I just love him. He needs this so bad.
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    And now I'm bawling because Dan came in last and everyone else came down to help him...awww..I just love him. He needs this so bad.

I know, wasn't that the greatest moment. And then when he said he was glad it was him that was last instead of Jerry. Wow! I love this show!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I know, wasn't that the greatest moment. And then when he said he was glad it was him that was last instead of Jerry. Wow! I love this show!
    and then when the green team gave her phone call to the blue team because he has kids. :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    We all know that weight loss can happen at home...because we are all doing it.....and we do not burn 7000 calories aday.......I do not watch the show because it is very unrealistic for the average person who is trying to lose weight..Exercise and portion control...that is what works....at least for me.

For me it is a lifestyle change...not a diet.....
    :drinker:
  • hmo4
    Options
    Now I'm crying cause that wife's gonna have a baby without her husband. Why? Must be PMS cause I don't know if I'd cry if it were me.:huh:
  • JesCrdr
    JesCrdr Posts: 28
    Options
    I can't believe the black team.....I mean, his wife is going to be going into labor in 2 weeks, yet she loves him enough to let him have this time to do what he needs to do in order to be healthy (and yes, alive) for his family.

And can you believe Joelle? Almost taking the $25,000? I would do drastic things to be on the ranch, and she's thinking about taking the money? No way!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    I can't believe the black team.....I mean, his wife is going to be going into labor in 2 weeks, yet she loves him enough to let him have this time to do what he needs to do in order to be healthy (and yes, alive) for his family.

And can you believe Joelle? Almost taking the $25,000? I would do drastic things to be on the ranch, and she's thinking about taking the money? No way!

But my question would have been...if I take the money, do I still get the trainer at home and get to come back for the finale? It's so not about the money, but if I knew I'd still get the benefits of any other person who was sent home, I might have taken the money, especially if I were in Joelle's situation where I could buy myself a house for that money.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I about cried when I saw David from the orange team go home and have fries and a hot dog...having water to drink DOES NOT make up for that...I am so rooting for team orange, and if Daniel has to be there working out 8 hours a day, David needs to buck up and have a salad or something...yes it's possible to lose weight and still have hot dogs and french fries (we all do that at times) but not on the Biggest Loser...Daniel needs to win this...so David needs to help out!

That is why I made the point last week that they need to keep them all on the ranch longer if they really care about their health. Maybe he would have still had the hotdog and fries when he got home but it would have been a Jennie-O turkey dog on a whole wheat bun and some sweet potato fries cooked at home instead. They didn't give them a chance to learn any new healthier habits. :frown:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: omgggggggg,,,bob was too funny:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hmo4
    Options
    OMG!!BOB HAS LOST HIS MIND!:noway: I love it!!!!:laugh: :laugh: I would kill myself laughing if I were there!:laugh: :tongue:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    I know, wasn't Bob hysterical. But totally not out of line. He is helping her to save her life!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Poor Jerry only lost one pound. I want to cry for him! He needs to stay there!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Jerry is breaking my heart...

and now Dan is too...this is THE WORST...the WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIO...
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Jerry is breaking my heart...
    I know I have tears in my eyes for him...........
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Man. It doesn't really get worse than this.