Zumba cardio party

Options
I have the whole DVD set of zumba. I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how many calories the zumba cardio party burns.

Replies

• smancini91
    smancini91 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I actually submitted a question on the Zumba website to find out how much my xbox one burns and they just gave me a BS answer of "it varies" without giving me any sort of range. I've heard of people buying heart rate monitors that calculate it for you so I might do that.
  • PrincessBTits
    Options
    I log it under aerobic dance. Without a HRM, there's really no way to tell.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    well, it's not a BS answer. It depends on a lot of different things. When I started doing the Zumba workouts (I was 220 lbs, 5'8''), I burned 1200 cals an hour. Now (160 lbs), I burn hardly 600. It depends on age, weight, height, how much you go into it. You can only know exactly, if you use a HRM. Anything else is just assuming and guessing. Sorry.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing, since I have the same zumba workouts as well, only this time I've finally ordered a HRM of my very own. I can finally figure out how much I ACTUALLY burn according to my weight.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/303994-how-many-calories-can-be-burned-while-doing-zumba/ This web site offers calorie burn per hour for most exercises....including zumba...hope it helps.
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It can be different for everyone because the # of cals you burn is based on your heart rate during your workout. Before I bought my hrm I used to log zumba under aerobics. I suggest you purchase a hrm because once I got mine I realized the mfp estimates were just that because they were off, but they are helpful if you dont have a monitor.