Has anyone tried the Tracey Anderson Method?

Options
I was thinking about buying the dvd and would like to know if anyone has tried the Mat Workout?

Replies

• anisajoi
    anisajoi Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been doing the hipcentric for about 3 weeks now. Its fun and I am seeing changes, but she's different, by that I mean some of her moves are bizzare, I always do her workout in private so not to give my family a cheap laugh.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    This will probably come off as way too negative, but don't listen to a thing she says. Why you might ask, just try googling Gwyneth Paltrow (who is a client of her's) and early onset osteoporosis...want to take guesses as to why...let's start with crazy diet (which probably came from training plan) and being part of that cult that believes women shouldn't lift more than 5-10 lbs (less than say a purse or baby both of which women lift and carry for long periods of time regularly...)
  • Crazyjoe11
    Crazyjoe11 Posts: 83
    Options
    I've been doing the hipcentric for about 3 weeks now. Its fun and I am seeing changes, but she's different, by that I mean some of her moves are bizzare, I always do her workout in private so not to give my family a cheap laugh.

Thanks! I am going to try the Mat workout for a month and see how it goes. If I can see a positive change, I will carry on.
  • Crazyjoe11
    Options
    This will probably come off as way too negative, but don't listen to a thing she says. Why you might ask, just try googling Gwyneth Paltrow (who is a client of her's) and early onset osteoporosis...want to take guesses as to why...let's start with crazy diet (which probably came from training plan) and being part of that cult that believes women shouldn't lift more than 5-10 lbs (less than say a purse or baby both of which women lift and carry for long periods of time regularly...)

Now this is interesting Shizzman - I have read about Paltrow's diet but didn't realise she was following Anderson's diet. Infact, I didn't know that Tracy Anderson had a diet plan but I suppose it's part of the package. So, I am going to try the exercise but will steer clear of bean sprout milkshakes - that part should be easy for me! Thanks for the tip.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I love the Mat Method workout. It was hard as heck at first, don't let the fact that she uses 3 pound weights lull you into thinking that the workout is easy!
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I've been doing her Post Baby work out and I love it so I ordered the mat workout to try. I don't agree with her diet plan at all and she is a little different lol. But I am seeing results in my abs pretty quick. She does recommend doing no more than 3 pounds for women but I'm using 5 pound weights.
  • Crazyjoe11
    Options
    I started the Mat Workout yesterday and enjoyed it. I managed to keep up with the routines but couldn't do full sets! Gave up after the arm workout as it was very late. But I have to say, I do like her style - delivery is not sensationalised. Some instructors behave as if they are connected to an electricity grid.

So far, thumbs up!
  • BecLBe
    BecLBe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Tracey Anderson Method Post Natal workout. I haven't tried it, but I'm excited and was wondering if anyone else has seen good results? I need to cut inches fast by the time I go back to work Jan 3.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have the post natal dvd. She is monotone---so she is kinda boring. You have to watch her real carefully too because she doesn't cue very loud when she switches moves. However, I have done the dvd many times so I don't really need her cues anymore. Plus now that I know the dvd it is kind of nice to be working out to silence since she is so quiet.. It sounds weird but it seems like I can "see" my abs underneath my pregnancy skin, so they seem to be toning up...I also love the way my abs feel after it's over. I do admit that sometimes I just fast forward and do the abs section and I don't do the rest of the dvd (arms, legs). My abs need more work then my legs...

ETA: At the end of the dvd there is an arm workout that she does with just her arms and I laughed at first because I thought there was no way my arms would get sore doing it---and well to my surprise they did get sore. So, lesson learned don't laugh until you have tried:wink: .
  • Japifeis
    Options
    I am doing the Omnicentric method... but only following exercise .. the diet plan is awful! and super super unhealthy, you have to eat balanced meals everyday low calorie but enough that will keep you healthy.. so do not do her diet plan.. I checked it with a nutriologist and she said it was absolutely crazy overall I think it was less than 700 calories a day.. and if you are working out it is not a good idea to expose your body to something like that... that being said..

The excercises are really good.. I mix it up with the cardio doing a little of turbo fire, insanity, dances, cardio combat .. etc.. the only thing I do religiously is the mat workout as I could really feel the work in my muscles.. and I can feel it is really tonning my body and making it slimmer..

I weight 125 pounds and I am doing the zone diet at 1200 calories to continue loosing weight and it has been working great.. eat lots of veggies which are carbs vs pasta and bread so overall you feel more full and eating lean protein and good fats like olive oil, almonds, avocado etc.. I have lost 11 pounds by just eating very healthy and exercising 6 days a week since January.. and I feel great.. because I have been loosing weight slowly I have maintained it .. even when I went on vacations for 2 weeks and totally broke my healthy eating and excercise pattern, I didn't gain any weight..

Conclusion... you have to change your overall mentality and eat healthy and exercise for the rest of your life to keep it healthy and in good shape.. there are NO MIRACLES people! You have to work!