Propel Water

Options
This has quite a bit of sodium in it but since its a clear liquid would it still count towards water? Anyone drink this as water or should it not because of the sodium intake/ THANKs!!

Replies

• CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Drink plain water. That's the best route to take. :)
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    This has quite a bit of sodium in it but since its a clear liquid would it still count towards water? Anyone drink this as water or should it not because of the sodium intake/ THANKs!!

I try I really do I just gag on water I dont know if its a x-pregnancy thing or what I been drinking Sparkle Ice since it has Zero everything - But my husband bought propel and I read the back it has Sodium so been staying clear of it so far
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi, just my opinion, obviously, but with sodium is not so good - you will then potentially start to retail water as you would with excess salt. Maybe you could try addiing just a little sugar free concentrate juice (orange, blackcurrant) to plain water?
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I used to "gag" on water too. Not so long ago, actually. Then I started adding lemon juice and I have literally been chugging it ever since. I don't even log my water because I drink at least two 32oz bottles every day. I gave up soda right before I started doing lemon water, so I had to drink something. I agree that you should try and steer clear of the trendy non-water water drinks out there. Just try and find a way to enjoy real water. Lots of ice, or cucumber slices, lime, somthing like that. I only drink water, coffee, tea sometimes, and no flavored anything. Seriously, I used to be someone who could go days without letting just plain water ever pass my lips. Find a way. x
  • frostyfire14
    Options
    I drink it and count it as water. You need sodium ESPECIALLY if you're exercising. Sodium Chloride is an important electrolyte needed for the body when exercising. However, I wouldn't replace it with water if you're eating high sodium foods.
  • fattymclardass
    Options
    I had the same problem - water is gross.

I LOVE the Propel Zero........I treat the grape flavor as a little bonus, even a snack all by itself.

Because the sodium is so high though I try to limit it.......I personally find all the flavors but the grape to be too sweet for me so what I have done to supplement is I will buy the Berry flavor and drink it mixed in water. I started about half Propel and half water, to me it barely tasted different......from there I slowly increased the amount of water and lessened the amount of the propel. Still not drinking just plain water but have brought my sodium intake down dramatically.
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have heard (you'd have to look into it..) but that coconut water is the next thing to water. It's awesome for you nutritionally and I've heard certain flavors taste great! They have it in just "plain" flavor too but also others. Maybe give it a shot! Also coconut milk is good for you :)
  • kimbaface
    kimbaface Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of Propel but haven't in awhile. I would avoid too much of it. Water with lemon and splenda is a good option. I also mix about 2/3 water with 1/2 Vitamin Water - Revive, expecially when I'm working out. It gives it a good taste.