I don't want to wash my pants

Options
Have you experienced that moment where you go from, "OMG I'm losing so much weight!" to "Well, I'm a blimp!" because you washed your pants and they went from being baggy to fitting... or even too small? I always wonder which size is accurate. Is it the too big? The size when it comes out of the dryer? Or is it somewhere in between them? Makes me not want to wash my pants so I can hold onto that "Yay! Look how loose my pants are!" feeling.

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    really
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Baggy or too tight look terrible. Buy pants that fit perfect.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    That's why I don't dry my pants in the dryer. I air dry them. Same with my pj's. They shrink up and I don't like them.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Lol. Dry on low
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I lol'ed - because as ridiculous as this thread is, I can completely relate. A real NSV for me is when I can put on freshly-washed jeans and they still feel a little loose.
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is so frustrating. I usually buy pants that fit and then wash them in cold and air dry them. When I lose weight, and they get loose then I put them in the dryer. If they get even looser I wash them in warm or hot and put them in the dryer. I do the same with shirts. It's hard to know how much something is going to shrink.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I lost enough to feel solidly too small for my size 14 jeans and I thought the 12s were getting a little loose. Then I washed them.... I am still out of the 14s, but will be in the 12s a little longer than I had hoped, although I do have to wash more often since they are getting looser.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I lol'ed - because as ridiculous as this thread is, I can completely relate. A real NSV for me is when I can put on freshly-washed jeans and they still feel a little loose.

^^ This!
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I need to start air-drying my pants! I'm just usually too impatient for that. And I agree that it's pretty awesome putting on freshly-washed jeans and having them be loose.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Jeans.. oh Jeans.. the lies they tell! haha..
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this is the reason I haven't owned a pair of real denim jeans in ages. Jeggings all the way (judge me!).
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    Hahaha this is the reason I haven't owned a pair of real denim jeans in ages. Jeggings all the way (judge me!).

^^Hero!!

If they judge you, kick 'em! They will be stuck in their tighty jeans you and will be all flexy!
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen with different pants over the years. I usually will wear the same jeans for 1-3 days before washing because I am mostly at home and not doing anything to make them dirty. But when you put those pants on out of the dryer they almost always feel a bit more snug....than they did at the store, or the day before washing them.

I recently found a brand of jeans I really like....and it was time to get a new pair. So, same brand, style, size, everything...and they fit looser...I was thinking...wow did I lose weight or inches? I checked and no I didn't. Apparently the manufacturer changed something and left it marked the same :(
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Buy a larger pair of pants.
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes! The heat from the dryer shrinks them and tightens fabric back up.i used to have that same problem. Air dry them.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm to the point with my current jeans size that I dry them all the way in the dryer hoping to shrink them so they'll look nice. Unfortunately that shrinking is also making them shorter and one pair is almost capris now :D

I already am putting darts in the waist so they'll stay up.

Hoping to be in a size down soon and I'll be back to avoiding the dryer.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I knew exactly where this was going as soon as I read the title haha. There's this thing called the 30-minute rule; after you wear the pants again for a half hour r so they should feel looser and better-fitting.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Dry things on low or hang them to dry. :)
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Or how about one day you feel svelte and your pants are loose, then the next some sort of water retention catastrophe happens and they are tight and you feel like a fata--. Ugh.
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »

If jeggings didn't make my legs look horrible, like too much sausage stuffed into a casing, I'd totally rock them. They are comfy.