Starting summer slimming!!!

Options
Today is the first day of summer, though the first full day is tomorrow!!!!! I am am making it a point to get in exercise, at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week, if more then that is a bonus!!! I am also planning on staying w/in my calorie count, though I am allowing myself a pass if I slip up once a week. I hear some say that this works for them.
BUT, I am trying hard starting today to not eat much junk. I had 2 brownies with ice cream last night and 4 oreos-a bit too much, it is all or nothing for me, but I am working on it!
Anybody want to start summer off right?

Replies

• hmullett
    hmullett Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been working hard 5-6 days a week. This morning I started with Pilates and Yoga and then 45 mins of Zumba at lunch today. I didn't have a good eating weekend but that is okay because I feel terrific!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'll take that challenge! I had my last hoorah last night. I even threw away my beloved chinese that hubby bought me for lunch...Ill get my cheat meal in this weekend!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get back on track since I returned from vacation. This is a good plan. Maybe just the thing I was needing. Yay!
  • tc_2011
    tc_2011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This sounds alot like me. I am also trying to feel better / look better for summer. I have to wear a bathing suit in public in 2.5 weeks and I'm so freaked out about it. I can also relate to the brownie / cookie thing. I will go days even weeks without chocolate or junk and then all of a sudden I crave it and have to have it. My weakness is pop. I broke down today and had a pepsi :o(
    My best advice would be to keep a positive outlook, don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake. Just keep at your excercise and eat the best you can. There will be good days and bad days. And if you ever need support, this is the best place to be :o) Good luck on your journey.
  • nfarrior
    nfarrior Posts: 5
    Options
    I am totally on board with you! I had a terrible weekend and no too bad yesterday but thats the past need to start new with the new day and new summer season! Going to try to wake early in the morning and work out for 45 minutes and then work out for 60 minutes every evening.

CW-181
    GW-161 08/10/11 (20 lbs)
    GW-146 10/10/11 (15 lbs)
    GW-136 03/10/11 (10 lbs)
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Hello all! We can do this, stay strong....I worked out yesterday and did not have one bite of dessert last night! I didn't workout yet today but that is because I wanted to get my sons toddler bed together!!! I will workout at lunch or after work, depending on my mood:sad:
    Here's to the first full day of summer :drinker: , bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started last week!
    I've been doing great, 5 pounbds down so far (I know it is only water weight but still makes me happy). I will stay under calorie count and get 40 minutes of exercise 5 days per week.
    The toddler makes it a little difficult some days since he likes to "help" me exercise,
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Oreos are my weakness but I am ready to say Goodbye Oreos...Hello Summer time!! :o)

Started the couch to 5k this morning..feeling good. I think I'm gonna stay in my calorie goal today too yay!!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I didn't workout yesterday but I did stay way w/in my calories:wink:
    I got up and did 30 minutes of working out this am!!!