Who hates burpees?!?!?

Options

Replies

• shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    me too.... I do some of Jillian Michael's videos and burpies are her thing too....my son aks me all the time, mom why do keep working out with that lady if you are mad at her? LOL

LMAO! Yup, that says it all! I tried 30 Day Shred a while back and around my house it's called Satan's 20 Minutes cuz she's efficient but evil!
  • Whitneylol
    Whitneylol Posts: 244
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship! They are SO good for you & such a good exercise but HARD!!!!!!!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    ((raises hand)) ME! ME!!!

I only do them because Jillian tells me to. LOL

This exactly!!
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    What are they?

Burpees also known as squat thrusts, or in insanity world suicide jumps.. personally I think the term suicide jumps is the most fitting.... (jump up with hands in air. down in a squat, down in pushup position, jump back to squatting, jump back up and repeat.... that is 1) urgh....
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I freaking hate burpees & i'm slow at them so I always fall behind.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I hated them at first because I was just too tight. Now that I'm loosening up I'm getting better at them so I like them just a tad bit.
  • Actavella
    Actavella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BURPEES!! I think I like pain!
  • nichole883
    nichole883 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    <raising hand> I hate burpees!! Why do all the great exercises have to include so much jumping?
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Burpies. I know...I know...one of the best exercises out there. But yes - I hate them. My trainer LOVES them (because they are such a good exercise I am sure) but everyone in boot camp seems to feel the same way I do.

They are getting a tad easier though....
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I will LOVE them them when I can do them just because I can add it to my list of stuff I could never do before that I am able to do now (then). LOL
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm cool w burpees .. I hate jumping jcks
  • Mazzy17
    Mazzy17 Posts: 4
    Options
    I hate burpees but as they say...no pain no gain, or in our case loss!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Who loves a sweet looking core!!! Burpee time!!! :tongue:
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP

i do not hate burpees i consider them a challenge, at this time i can only do about 4 and then im so out of breath that i have to march in place to catch my breath, but one reason why i wIll LEARN TO LOVE THEM is burpees works EVERY muscle in the body, which is why it's so difficult--and so effective.

one day im going to be able to say i did 10 without stoping then 15 then 20 i have made them a monthly goal challege to chart my progress my goal is to one day be able to do 25 without stoping but when i get there i will up that goal as well :)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    ok since no one knows what they are/were including me i you tubed it and here they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM

damn, she's got a very nice body. she's hardcore
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LOL I am with you all on those burpes!!! My trainer loves to make me do them too! LOL Just make sure that you dont eat grapes prior to your workout! LOL OPS! HAHAHAHA:laugh:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! :angry:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Oh snap add me in-- I despise SQUAT THRUSTS - even the name sounds like something a $2 hooker would do in the back alley!!!
  • kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ((raises hand)) ME! ME!!!

I only do them because Jillian tells me to. LOL

i only do them cuz my personal trainer gives me your really lazy look if i try to wuss out!!
  • kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hate burpees but I make my football players do them lol

i get on to my husband if he doesnt do them right, so i guess you could say i am his coach!!