Ta ta's and Swimwear

Options
Hi MFP peeps,

I have an issue and was wondering if any of you have the same problem and have some suggestions for me. I am a 38G cup size and swimwear doesn't work very well for support. I usually have to wear a bra under my swimsuit to keep from flowing out, having RT, and not bouncing everywhere. I am starting water aerobics 3 times a week and would like a swim suit that I don't have to wear a bra under that will help hold me. Please give me your suggestions. Since it's water aerobics, I would like for it to not be a 2 piece. Any ideas? Any fellow bountiful busts out there that can offer some help?

Thanks

Jess

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    go speedo for water aerobics. they'll hold the girls in better than most! :)
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    I tend to have the same issues... a lot of one pieces have built-in bras. also, suits with thick halter straps are very supportive.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i would LOVE to know this answer as well..im a 44 DD, and it seems as tho all bigger tops require the big bottoms as well, and my bottoms are starting to fall off..LoL..my mother in law thinks i need to cover myself up :laugh: good luck with this
  • cestelyse
    cestelyse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out figleaves.com! I have a similar problem finding swimsuits. I haven't purchased a one-piece from them, but the two-piece I bought fits great
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I go to Lady grace. They have cup sizes all the way to like LL. They are a little on the pricey side, but fit GREAT and give you the support that you need. Good Luck!

(they also have a website)

BTW- Love when someone else calls them Ta-ta's !!!!! LOL
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have to get tops separate. We have so many shops here in California, it's not hard to find off the rack bra sized tops.
    Speedos are really great, too, though I don't like how they squash the boobs.

Protect those assets.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I donlt know where you are, but if your in UK, I bought 2 swimsuits from Tesco a couple of weeks ago that are for ladies with this problem, and have in-built bra's. I think M&S also do them. They are actually sold by bra size - I am 38G too .......
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am almost the same size as you. I usually wear swimsuits that have underwire in them, thick shoulder straps, and a wide back strap.
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    I got a swimsuit top at Target in the women's section that has a racer back and SUPER support in the bust area. I generally wear black swim shorts anyway, so I can rotate out the top styles. But seriously - this thing holds the girls in better than my sports bras.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I am almost the same size as you. I usually wear swimsuits that have underwire in them, thick shoulder straps, and a wide back strap.

There are some great suggestions on here, but without getting into too much detail, have you had any problem with show-through...like when you get a little chilly. I am so picky about that.
  • smcinto
    smcinto Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a 30K! There is a UK company called Bravissimo who do mail order. Their range is fantastic and their sports bras work! Mind you I still wear a running top to keep myself strapped down.

They do swim wear which is great too!
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    pressica,

I have not had any problems with that because they are usually a little thicker that normal swimwear. ;)
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am also a little larger on top, and in specialty bra and lingerie stores measure a 38G as well. I have found however that a double or triple d in most off the rack sizes fit. In order to get the BEST product for your size, that will fit as well as support, you may have to go to one of these specialty stores. Also, again not sure where you are, but stores like Penningtons and AdditionElle, (plus size stores) often have things for our issue and at reasonable prices. I am a size 14 overall but like to purchase my bras from these stores as they fit well and offer great support. Good Luck!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Heh. You said "ta ta's". Heh...
  • pressica
    Options
    I am a 30K! There is a UK company called Bravissimo who do mail order. Their range is fantastic and their sports bras work! Mind you I still wear a running top to keep myself strapped down.

They do swim wear which is great too!

Boy, I thought I had it bad. Thanks for your advice. I will definitely check them out.
  • pressica
    Options
    Thanks for the advice thus far. I know it sounds funny, but I really need to feel comfortable so that I will keep going to water aerobics. Any more ideas?
  • sevans0118
    sevans0118 Posts: 1
    Options
    www.biggerbras.com has swimwear up to cup size JJ. Awesome suits too!