All you runners....

Options
Hello,
I feel like I am the only one around who likes to run... Everyone says I am crazy....Add me as a friend so we can motivate each other, talk about injuires, what type of shoes you like, whatever.....

Replies

• Actavella
    Actavella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love to run! I love the feeling of smashing through mental barriers! Running is empowering!
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to run! I only started cause I knew I had to do something, but now I LOVE it. I did my first 5k a month ago and I have three more ahead of me before fall is over! Add me!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    there's LOTS of runners here :)
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i love to run! Do you do any races?
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love to be able to say I just ran 5 miles.......And I feel great when I am all sweaty..... What type of shoes do you wear??
  • runslikeagirl
    Options
    I figured there were. None of my friends like to run. It gets really boring running by myself..
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I have just started the couch to 5 k-don't really like to run
    but looking forward to the change- any suggestion would be great
    i'm new to this site
    feel free to add me:)
  • runslikeagirl
    Options
    I have ran several 5ks and a 5 mile one just last month.
  • abzbargs
    abzbargs Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I also like running and could do with friends. I have cut way back on it since I had an injury a few weeks back. I now only run twice a week. Am considering moving on to a bridge to 10k programme. My husband's awway with work so would only manage to get out twice a week for the training, that's what puts me off.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I just started running, I get why people like it now! It's important to start slow so people don't over extend themselves.

I'm doing Couch to 5k and really enjoying it, it's hard but the high is worth it!
  • kprince89
    kprince89 Posts: 11
    Options
    I also love love love to run! I do have an injury right now - I'm thinking it's a bone spur in my heel - I've had it since like APRIL! Luckily, it's like it's not even there when I run :) I think my shoes just make it totally comfortable. Hurts like crazy when I wear sandals and heels though!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    I only started running a month aor two ago. But I really, REALLY like it. I don't know if I would say I love it yet. But I love how I feel when I am done and I am starting to actually look forward to my running days.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    there are lots n lots of runners on here.
    and while i dont think of myself as a 'runner' i enjoy running, and run 3-5 times/week, usually no more than 5miles each time.
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have been "running" for over a year now. I did a 15k in March and really wanted to do better than what I did, but I was held back by an injury, also.

Add me as a friend...I run slow, but I try! I didn't care for it at first, but I do enjoy it now. I am getting ready to start a half marathon plan in a few weeks...

Renee
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I LOVE RUNNING
  • TheDeviation
    TheDeviation Posts: 149
    Options
    I love to run...outside. Not so much on the treadmill. Though for the next couple months, I will only be doing light cardio.
  • runslikeagirl
    Options
    I also love love love to run! I do have an injury right now - I'm thinking it's a bone spur in my heel - I've had it since like APRIL! Luckily, it's like it's not even there when I run :) I think my shoes just make it totally comfortable. Hurts like crazy when I wear sandals and heels though!

I have been riding a bike cause my legs have been bothering me also. I had stress fractures last summer and think I have em again. ;(