Balancing

CyndiRN7
CyndiRN7 Posts: 9 Member
Boy, seems to be more difficult to balance life. I remember having so much energy that I could work out in the evening. So what happened to me? Darn must be that biological clock. I'm not sure how anyone deals with it who works 8 to 5 job , then comes home cooks, picks up, and gives our furry kids some attention... One of my colleagues suggested getting up at couple hours earlier during the Week. What? That would make it 4am

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    If exercise is a priority, people fit it in. It needn't be an hour+ commitment of time. There are some great short DVD workouts, or perhaps a brisk walk after dinner might fit.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    If exercise is a priority, people fit it in. It needn't be an hour+ commitment of time. There are some great short DVD workouts, or perhaps a brisk walk after dinner might fit.

This^

Make being active a priority. If 20 minutes fits, then do 20 minutes.

The great thing about exercise is, it actually gives me more energy and helps me sleep better. Just add a few sessions here and there. Eventually you will have a weekly routine. It's totally up to you how long you exercise. Any exercise is better than no exercise.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    edited March 2016
    If you are not a morning person, don't do it! I tried it for 6 weeks, my workouts suffered, people I work with suffered, my friends suffered. You just have to make it fit where you can. Block out a 30 minute time where it's just all about you. Workout, meditate, read a book, something that is just about you everyday.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Take a lunch time walk.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    What others said -- if you hate mornings, then that's probably not the best time to start a new workout routine. Personally, I like fitting my workout in in the a.m. then I know whatever else I add in is just extra. I know its about calories but getting daily exercise helps me stay on track. I've had a Fitbit for almost a year and use it as a tool to keep me motivated also. Whatever works, I say! Good luck finding what works for you.