Need motivation

Options
I'm 58, have lost 19 pounds, and have been struggling the last week to get down 1 pound. I have been at 152.4, 152.4, 152.6, 152.8, 152.6, 152.4, 152.6, 153, it is getting very frustrating

Replies

• TRVega75
    TRVega75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You will lose it. Just don't let it get you down. When I hit a plateau I added another exercise or picked up speed on my usual. I'm starting all over again and I do get frustrated but then I remember how it was the first time. Good luck. Stay positive.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have hit a plateau which is normal. Whatever you do don't give up you have come much too far. Try switching up your diet and or exercise plan and when yo get discouraged remember how far you have come if you don't remember what it felt like to be almost 20 lbs heavier take a trip to the supermarket and pick up a 20 lb bag of potatoes and walk around with it for a while it will quickly jog your memory of how you felt before the loss. Don't give up this is a lifestyle change be patient with yourself and the process.
  • hectorh82
    hectorh82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    listen to mel, i was gonna suggest the same thing.. never give up.. also, if for any reasons you have a special set of exercises just increase reps or weight by the slightest.
  • amamaelam
    amamaelam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tack on an extra 5-10 minutes of strength training (low weights) into your workout if you can. This can help to maintain your muscle mass and keep your metabolism from diminishing as you lose weight. Hope this helps!
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Listen to the above. All good advice. Why give up? You CAN do this! You KNEW this wouldn't be easy. Just know you are doing fab and go go go !! keep at it!!!!!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just wrote a blog on the topic of plateaus. Check it out if you'd like. There are some helpful links in it as well.
  • TheCampaign
    TheCampaign Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me always looking for new friends