Workout programs recommendations? (w videos)

Options
Hi there!
I'm looking for a workout program that I can do alongside my "diet". I work in a hotel 2 to 3 times a week as a housekeeper so I have my cardio for the week, I'm mainly looking for a more strength training oriented program, maybe with some yoga or something like that included as well?
My fitness level isn't very good, and I have problems with my knees and feet so I'd rather go low impact or at least no plyometrics.

My problem is I have started a lot of these programs in the past but so far I haven't finished a single one. I think I went too big (insanity...) and I could hold on for 1 week, and then I gave up.

If you guys have any recommendations as to what fitness programs you enjoyed as a beginner, I would really like to hear them! I prefer dvd type workouts, but anything else is fine. Also, I don't have a gym subscription and I workout at home.

Replies

• frank6666
    frank6666 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello

Take a look at fitnessblender videos on youtube or on their own website. They have tons of free workout videos. Some of them are cardio, some are low impact, strength, etc. You can chose from a various choice.

Cheers
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ^^I second fitnessblender.com They have a huge selection of videos, including body weight and added weight strength and toning choices. You can buy their programs for a really reasonable price, and that will give you a calendar that tells you what to do each day, to take out the hassle of selecting a video.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Look up BodyFit by Amy on Youtube, I follow her kettlebell workouts, but she does all sorts.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've purchased a lot of the Beachbody workouts, and after becoming disillusioned with the Beachbody mentality ("You must spend lots of money to get healthy/fit"), I started searching for less expensive workouts. I went to WalMart and picked up the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred for $10. I love the workouts, and that Jillian seems to be a normal, down-to-earth trainer whereas many of the Beachbody trainers are a little full of themselves.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions!! I just started the Jillian micheals beginner shred.. If you are a little more advanced the regular shred might be good for you. I also like fitness blender and body Amy