Body weight squats

Options
Does anyone know the answer to this:
I do a minute of as many body weight squats as I can. Usually ranging from 40-45 in a minute. Any idea how many calories are burned whilst doing that?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• drachfit
    drachfit Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    count it as 1 minute of interval cardio
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    not much maybe 6 calories
  • jennaraemyers
    jennaraemyers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried searching interval in cardio and nothing came up. It's a high intensity cardio for a minute of that makes a difference. I do as many squats as I can.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics? That's what I'd call them.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it. I also couldn't call it HIIT.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    How's your form when you're doing so many squats in a minute? I wouldn't log them 1) it's only ONE minute and 2) your form is probably so off that its not doing anything for you anyway.
  • jennaraemyers
    jennaraemyers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My form is good while doing them. Straight back, feet planted. Have you ever done one minute of straight squats? Just pumping them out? Your heart rate is accelerated, you're body temp rises.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Like 10 calories. 12 maybe.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My form is good while doing them. Straight back, feet planted. Have you ever done one minute of straight squats? Just pumping them out? Your heart rate is accelerated, you're body temp rises.

Yep, many times, you may think you're burning hundreds and thousands of calories in that one single minute, but really if it's more that 10 or so I'd be shocked. Not worth logging for me, but you are free to log it however you wish. Good luck to you in your fitness/weight loss journey.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Strength/ calisthenics don't burn much. I don't do 45 body weight squats minute but I have done sets of 20 back squats with my bodyweight in my back which is harder but doesn't burn much at all
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" burn 11 calories a minute for me at 187 pounds. "Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort" burn 5 per minute. Per the MFP exercise data base. Link those squats up with a series of push ups, burpees, jumping jacks, lunges, etc. and you will have a work out. Anything done for a minute is a little.