So Hungry...

Options
I'm at a loss recently. I have been eating anywhere between 1200 and 1400 cals each day. I'm exercising and drinking tons of water, however, I'm still so hungry!!! I eat tons of protein, some fats, and carbs, but I can't be satiated. I keep wanting to eat and eat and eat.... but I'm resisting. If I start, I feel like I won't stop.
I need some ideas and help to ignore these cravings or some why to satisfy them.

Ideas???

Replies

• Kimberlybiscuithead
    Options
    Well done on losing 6lbs so far! When I start getting cravings I drink a cup of Peppermint tea..........I have it coming out of my ears at this stage!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so kind of hard to tell. Open the diary then maybe we can see if we can help! Thanks a Bunch!
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    BUMP on this one. I am the same way. Sometimes it feels like I just can't get full.

However, something I have found works good is drinking a smoothie with protein powder (I recommend Jillian Michaels Pure Protein) with your meal. Somehow having the thicker drink with the protein works well.

:D

Feel free to add me if you want! :) Can't have too many friends.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Are you also eating your exercise calories? What is your protein/carb ratio? Are you eating more protein than carbs at every meal & snack? When you are hungry, do you drink 2 glasses of water? Are you getting enough water?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat back your exercise calories
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! normally i'm fine, but for the past few days, it seems like nothing i eat satiates me. And I've been eating good quality, nutritional food and drinking plenty of water and I actually haven't had time to work out so it's not like my muscles are screaming for nutrition or something to repair themselves... idk what to do! I think maybe it's because my acid reflux is in full swing and I'm digesting stuff faster? (well, not digesting, but the food in my stomach is dissolving faster)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and I also have a cheat day every couple of weeks where I don't worry about calories. Keeps me from binging because I have something to look forward too and prevents plateau's
  • wanderingwest
    Options
    I had the same problem. I noticed after awhile my body got used to the new way of eating. I also took note of the time of day that I was feeling hungriest and saved some calories for it. Other than that keep making those healthy choices and drinking that water.
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Curious if you are eating at least 1/2 of your exercise calories? Your body may need the extra fuel for exercise. Congratulations on the weight loss. Keep up the good work! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kitkat536
    kitkat536 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so kind of hard to tell. Open the diary then maybe we can see if we can help! Thanks a Bunch!

I opened it up. Didn't realize it was hidden.
  • theresalizotte
    Options
    Try munching on some carrot sticks and celery. It gives you that munching feeling and also can fill you up. Try other fibery things like apples . The fiber can help fill you up.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You may need to eat a healthy snack. If your body is truly hungry you need to eat. I like an apple or a handful of nuts. They fill you up.
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What types of foods are you eating (low fiber/high fat/calorie dense?) and how much water are you drinking? Are you eating back your exercise calories? I like to supplement lots of low calorie veggies into my diet to help with feeling full. Ex. if you eat 1/2 a cucumber with a meal or 1/2 a green pepper dipped in hummus. It really helps with feeling full.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already done so, go to the top of your page and click on "Settings". Then click on "Diary settings". Add "Sugar" to your Nutrient Tracking list and save the changes. This will help you monitor your sugar intake on a daily basis. Without seeing your food diary, a suggestion would be to make sure your sugar and carb counts aren't too high. Those things will be absorbed by your body quickly and make you "feel" hungrier than you really are. Another thing to check is to drink water when you feel hungry. Although you are drinking lots of water each day, your body may be becoming dehydrated at the time the hunger sets in. Our bodies confuse dehydration with hunger. Drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If you are still hungry, have a snack.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If it's true hunger, I'd say you're not eating enough. Or,, atlhough you say you get plenty of protein, it might not be enough. From what I understand, the standard level that MFP gives us is a bit low, especially for someone who is exercising regularly.

:nevermind the rest, you already opened up your diary:
  • atanner3
    atanner3 Posts: 6
    Options
    How many veggies are you getting? When I have that hunger feeling and I know that i've ate my calories I turn to some raw veggies. Carrots are my personal favorite but you could use pepper sticks, cucumbers, celery, etc. They are high in water and fiber to help you feel full, and you crunch on them for awhile without eating too many calories.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Try eating a mint or a small piece of dark chocolate after a meal. That little bit of sweetness tells your brain that you're done eating.
  • Raguirim
    Raguirim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You might want to make sure you eat 5 to 6 times a day. Which will equal out to breakfast lunch dinner and 2-3 snacks. I had the same problem, it also helps if you plan your meal a day or two ahead that way you know what your going to eat and don't go over and at the same time you won't be too hungry because your eating every 2-4 hours. Hopes this helps
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Looked at your diary - if you are hungry - eat some of your exercise calories! Simple as that. You don't have to eat all of them - but it looks like you have a lot of calories left over every day - eat some of them if you're hungry.