Help? :)

Options
jannellex
jannellex Posts: 14 Member
Have been on a (mostly) eat clean diet for two months. Have lost roughly 10 lbs. (5'8" 143 lbs) Been working cardio into my day the past week to hopefully see results quicker. My question is: How have you been succeful with meeting your weight loss goals? Feed back appreciated! :) & feel free to add, I am new to this app. Thanks! Xo

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    How have I been successful at meeting my weight loss goals ?
    I realized that weight loss comes down to calories. As far as weight loss is concerned, it makes no difference if you eat 1500 cals of clean foods or 1500 cals of cake. ( of course they aren't the same nutritionally but they are the same as far as calories go)
    I was successful when I realized there is no need for fad diets or gimmicks. It comes down to calories for weight loss I could eat clean foods for 2 yrs straight and still gain weight. You know why? Because unless I'm eating at a caloric deficit, I won't lose weight.
    So what made me successful? Understanding calories in - calories out
  • LiftedTrucks_and_PizzaHut
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I realized that weight loss comes down to calories. As far as weight loss is concerned, it makes no difference if you eat 1500 cals of clean foods or 1500 cals of cake. ( of course they aren't the same nutritionally but they are the same as far as calories go)
    I was successful when I realized there is no need for fad diets or gimmicks. It comes down to calories for weight loss I could eat clean foods for 2 yrs straight and still gain weight. You know why? Because unless I'm eating at a caloric deficit, I won't lose weight.

This.

This thread is now closed. All of the answers right here. Haha
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

all of that.

I've lost 80 some over the past year or so. I eat all kinds of crap (lots of more nutritional stuff too though LOL). I eat out ALL the time. I drink ALL the time. they key is to make what you want work within your calorie goals. when you over restrict yourself, you are setting yourself up for failure in the long term, because you're not learning how to live with real life food and social situations.

PS: you lose weight in the kitchen and gain FITNESS in the gym .....
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I joined myfitnesspal in 2012. About 1 year later I lost roughly 100 lbs.

To get this weight off. I ate the calories myfitnesspal said, ate my exercise calories back, and tried to eat nutritious foods, and the weight just came off.

What they said is correct, but please if you have a choice, choose the healthier option. Overall your body will feel better throughout the day with an orange compared to say a Twinkie.

I'm not saying never eat what you want. I still have those days where I eat whatever within my calories.

Also, while it may be tempting to not eat your exercise calories back, that's more harmful then helpful. You will be so hungry that you may go on a binge. The binge is coming from your body's survival instinct. It's saying "this person may not get food for awhile, oh there is food, consume all the food!"