BEST Iced Coffee EVER!

Options
aggielauren
aggielauren Posts: 16 Member
Someone may have shared this already, but I HAD to share it again. This makes the BEST iced coffee I've ever had! In this horrendous Texas heat, I can't bear to drink anything hot, and this makes me feel cool and refreshed! I'd never heard of making coffee this way, and it makes it so smooth and there is no acidity. Its smooth enough to drink almost without any sweetener, which is unheard of for me. I hope you all like it as much as I did!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/

Replies

• reinventingandrea
    Options
    I'll have to try that. It's hot here in SC too so anything cold is awesome!
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    wow!! That looks awesome and I can't wait to try it! :) Oh yeah, and thanks for that website--it's fascinating! :)
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'll have to try it.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I like most of her recipes, but I haven't tried this one. ...yet
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering who has time to do all of that. Thank goodness for my Keurig that makes it for me:-)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I LOVE iced coffee! Luckily, I have a cappuccino/espresso machine - so I just do a double shot of espresso into a glass of ice. I add a little bit of sugar-free coffee syrup (hazelnut and caramel are my favorites) and then top it off with 2% milk. It's so delicious!

I like PW's technique, but I prefer the coffee to be really, really fresh. I always think stored coffee from a pitcher tastes a little stale. But I'm probably a bit of a coffee snob! LOL I buy my coffee from a local roaster each week and grind beans every morning.
  • Maura5
    Maura5 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks! Can't wait to try it. Today!!:wink:
  • glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm! Thanks for sharing that!! :love:
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Does look good, but whenever I see the word "cheesecloth" I think it's too much work! I'm sure it's not, but .... Lol...

Love my iced coffee. I pour a huge monster size cup of freshly brewed java into a large mason-like jar; add a little bit of French Vanilla Soymillk, or non-fat Vanilla half n half. Fill it up with ice, shake like crazy, and pour over more ice. Yummmmmmmmmm. Now I gotta go have some.

Thanks for the pioneer link - great link. :drinker:
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! I should try it, too hot here in Tunisia to drink hot coffee in the morning.. thank you for sharing!
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this!! Thank you so much for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • aggielauren
    aggielauren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It seems like alot of work, but its really not! I threw some together this morning while I was feeding the cats (which is WAY more work for my little devils - i mean angels :-) ) . I mixed 2 cups of coffee in 8 cups water in a large pyrex container, threw some saran wrap on the top, and let it sit on the counter all day. When i got home from work, I put a strainer over a bowl, put paper towels in the strainer (this actually worked better and faster than cheesecloth), and pour it in! While I'm fixing dinner, i let it strain, and then pour that into a pitcher and stick in the fridge. For me, this makes enough for a few days worth of coffee. You could make more, but since I'm the only drinking it, I don't want to take up that much space in the fridge. I wondered about it tasting stale, but surprisingly the cold brew method didn't get that for me! I don't really have a good palate for coffee, so maybe this isn't the most fresh but it tastes great to me! I really enjoy the HEB brand Taste of San Antonio coffee....might be cheap, but again, I'm just not that good at telling what good coffee is!
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • kbean33
    kbean33 Posts: 50
    Options
    bump
  • blm625
    blm625 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! I was just thinking today how I need to start making iced coffee at home to save on $$ and calories.. I am going to have to try this!
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Aggielauren, it looks awesome!!! I am going to give it a try, stopping at Dunkin Donuts for iced coffee becomes expensive.
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I am so trying this! Yummy!
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    OMG! That looks beautiful. And...although definitely not diet friendly...I will definitely be trying the condensed sweetened-milk and half-and-half combo. YUM!
  • sfmathews
    sfmathews Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: iced coffee!!