what do i really need to be doing?

Options
i want to start exersizing but i do not have weights or anything or money to get any
i been walking and stair stepping winch has been great i started a few days ago
but, i am sure the rest of my body needs exersize too
i have seen lots of stuff recommending this and that and it is kind of overwelming
have the same problem with dieting
so,what do i really need to be doing?
i want my potbelly gone so that is one thing i would like

Replies

• PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    To loose weight you need to burn more calories than you eat. You can accomplish this by using MFP to track what you eat to get an understanding of how much you should be eating a day.

Any exercise you can do is great!

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Push ups and sits up as well continue your walking and stepping
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Eat according to your calorie goal and you will lose weight. You don't need exercises to lose weight. And you'll look good with clothes on.

If you want to look good without clothes, then you need exercises. (You'll feel more energetic and healthy too.)

Google "bodyweight workout" or "bodyweight exercise" to find good workouts that don't cost you anything.
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Find something that is fun for you to do that leaves you out of breath.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is any substitute for lifting weights, but getting exercise to get you started is important and anything you do will help you. Keep in mind that you have to get your body in a calorie deficit to lose weight. You do 90% of that in the kitchen not exercise. Exercise will help you burn a few calories and hopefully retain some muscle as you lose. Take a look at these body weight exercises.

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/551492-2o-best-body-weight-exercises/
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Walking and stair climbing is a great start for cardio and calorie burning! If you want to start adding some upper body for no cost, try adding some pushups (or modifications thereof-- e.g., wall push-aways, knee pushups, etc.), and then work your way up to planks and "real" pushups. Great for arm strength and upper torso!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I second (or third or fourth) bodyweight exercises. Google it. Burpies, squats, planks, pushups, chair dips, leg lifts, etc. There are tons of options, and no equipment to buy. Plus you can do them anywhere.
  • blpasquarella
    blpasquarella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    In college I used to put books or other heavy items in a bag or backpack and use it as weights. It was a cheap and easy way to do weighted squats/lunges, bicep curls, delt lifts, etc etc.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Darebee.com has lots of good structured bodyweight programs to meet your goals, give them a peek.
  • willybilly30
    willybilly30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to reply to each person
    I been exploring darebee reading their articles i thought about maybe doing yoga. some situps and pushups
    they got an article on pushups
    filling a backpack may be good cause i should strenthen my arms cause i have to walk and carry stuff sometimes
    my food todays was 2,685 and exersize 818. i guess i need to eat less or exersize more