I'm going to give this weight loss thing another try

Options
Hello, my name is Jennifer. I have a beautiful 18 month old daughter that left mommy with 20-25 pounds of extra weight when she was born. I have tried off and on to lose the weight but nothing too serious; I started using the calorie counting portion of MFP last weekend and wow, I eat a lot more than I thought I did! Going to start watching what I eat better and make smarter choices (the phone app makes this easier) and beginning next week I am going to hit the gym after I drop my daughter off at daycare in the mornings to see if I can get in better physical health overall...this should be the most challenging part as I have never been active in my almost 32 years on earth as I was naturally small, not so much anymore! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and share my story, I am looking forward to this journey and hope I can make a lifestyle change this time around.

Replies

• gmkimby
    gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Welcome to MFP!!! I'm sure you'll do great!
  • thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan. Good luck on your journey!!
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • DearLiza27
    Options
    Good Luck! You sound motivated and that's half the battle!
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    Welcome! I'm relatively new too, and I found out that I was eating less, and not making smart nutrient choices...
  • clb678
    clb678 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Remember, most people are here for the same reason....this is a great place to get support on days when things seem tough!
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I am really determined to get this pregnancy weight off once and for all. I get so sick of my sister who is 8 years younger than me talk about how her baby weight came off in two weeks and asking how much I still have to lose (she is not trying to be mean; just not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to other people's feelings). I am also very sick of all the clothes that are hanging in my closet that I can't wear because I'm overweight.
  • OnlyGodCan
    OnlyGodCan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We will keep you motivated!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    It's hard to lose the babyweight... I'm right there with you. I've lost 29 lbs since January. In January, when my second DD was 18 months old I started wondering "When does 'baby weight' turn into 'weight'?" and I started exercising and watching what I eat that day.
    Just be kind to yourself when you are going on this journey.... mommies tend to hold onto fat in their stomachs, hips, and thighs for childbearing reasons.... focus on eating healthy and acting healthy and less on how you look after bearing a child.