Benefits...

Options
Is it really beneficial to have "friends" on here?

Replies

• dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I think so most of the times except they do not replace friends who you can text anytime and get live feedback when you need it. Problem is to many times friends are not there when they are not being healthy.
  • mel_the_shell
    mel_the_shell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    I think so most of the times except they do not replace friends who you can text anytime and get live feedback when you need it. Problem is to many times friends are not there when they are not being healthy.
    dbkyser wrote: »
    That makes perfect sense.

• balboabilly
    balboabilly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Finding folks with same goals and humor have kept me re logging in to inspire and get inspired. Re logging in keeps you me on track to my goals
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Depends on you! For me, no. I don't have any friends on here, and I've gone from losing weight to maintenance to losing again (and never regaining) over several years, with no friends. If my diary isn't private, I have motivation to lie to it, and that's counterproductive, and I really don't personally need anyone rahrahing my workouts. I find more people on here with friends tend to only log new lows onto their weight chart, and I don't want to do that--it doesn't help me observe patterns.

But that's me. In no way should that affect YOUR choices. Would it help you to have someone like a status that you lost a pound? Would it help you to cheer on others? Awesome! Make friends! Either way is fine.
  • ladymeldrum82
    ladymeldrum82 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find it nice to have people to talk to that are doing what I'm doing- most of my family/ friends don't work out or track calories, so they really don't care if I am... This(health & fitness) has become such an important part of my life that it kinda sucks that so few of my family & friends care about what's important to me, but making friends with common interests on here helps- after all, it's not exactly fair for me to expect everyone in my life to understand why it's so important to me- they haven't lived with the chronic pain & illness that I've lived with... On here, tho, there are people overcoming those exact same struggles, so they get why it's so important...
  • mel_the_shell
    mel_the_shell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I find it nice to have people to talk to that are doing what I'm doing- most of my family/ friends don't work out or track calories, so they really don't care if I am...
    I'm glad you're finding support here. Thanks for sharing!