Prednisone Pudge!

Options
Hi all!

I'm new to MyFitnessPall, but I'm not new to dieting. I'm a big girl... I've always been big and I'm relatively at peace with that. After a year of stress related slow weight gain (about 20 lbs in a year), I was put on Prednisone for six weeks and turned into Pac Man. I've never had a compulsion to eat like that in my life. I put on over 20 lbs during that time so I'm plus 40+ from my usual acceptable fit overweightness.(I did 275 kms of the Camino de Santiago two years ago; I might be big but I'm usually pretty fit.)

So this is where I am! I want to lose the 40, and after that, if I could lose another 40, that would probably be a good thing too! :) This is my year for some self improvement!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can do it! My mom was on Prednisone and she also. Gained a lot of weight. You are not alone. Feel free to add me!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm an odd person. I was on high dose Prednisone for a long time, but didn't gain except for water weight which I lost as soon as I got below 50. It did make me ravenously hungry but I took it for a horrible flare of Crohn's so eating was quite unpleasant. You can do it! Glad you are off Satan's tictacs (what we in the IBD world call Prednisone)
  • zoomybird
    zoomybird Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Satans tictacs!!! I love that!

It really is a terrible drug. It made me sad, hungry and really lethargic, which I'm told is pretty rare. And then because I was having an uncontrolled pain problem and we went through all the other drug options, I asked my doc if I could try pot. So that gave me the munchies too.

I'm now on day 4, kept to my calories each day and I'm feeling a lot better. Baby steps, but any steps are good steps.