North Dakota Flood 2011....prayers needed.

Options
kseier
kseier Posts: 91 Member
My hometown is about to be under water. Thank God I live on a hill and our house should be safe, but I won't have to look much farther than down my block to see the water consuming over half of our town. To put things in perspective, our town flooded in 1969 and was out of commision for weeks. Houses were inundated with water for almost a month. This year, the water will be 9 feet higher than it was in 1969. We're currently only running with one aquifer and we will run out of water to bathe and our swewer is already backing up in many parts of the city. Countless homes will be to their roofs with water. Our bridges with cease to exist; the integrity will deteriorate while they spend weeks submerged by the Mouse River. Pray for this community. FEMA & American Red Cross, get your big guns ready for this God forsaken place. We have no Noah & no Ark.

I feel so badly for all those that are displaced from their homes. People are sleeping on cots in an auditorium while their pets are housed away from them. Some people have no trailers and can only pray the water doesn't hit their main floor because they can't take their belongings with them. I helped move my aunt and uncle's belongings from their basement. Last night after it was all over they had time to sit down and have their first cry, because their beautiful house and lawn will be no more. Some people aren't lucky to have flood insurance like them and will be cut NO CHECK for having their entire house destroyed.

This is the most saddening thing I've ever experienced. It's surreal. My mind is boggled. The scariest thing is knowing it's coming and there is nothing we can do anymore after weeks of fighting to build up *kitten* and sangbag. It's all for nothing because the water is gonna hit us, and hit us hard.

If anyone if willing to make donations, I can give you numbers for the Red Cross in town or you can paypal it to me and I'll make sure it gets where it needs to be. Send me a message...

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Prayers from West Fargo.
  • rekp2
    rekp2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am so very sorry to hear of the disaster that is on it's way. I just said a prayer for safety and comfort for you and your town. (even the pets that are separated from their owners.)
  • ambreee
    ambreee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sending a prayer from Idaho!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    prayers still coming from England. How's it going over there?