Who hates burpees?!?!?

Options
13»

Replies

• kwinterscheidt
    kwinterscheidt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What are they?

you start in a squating position and jump your legs back so your in a plank position, then you jump your legs back up to hands and then do an explosive jump up and then do it all over again!! sounds like tons of fun doesnt it! :)
  • kwinterscheidt
    Options
    yes yes yes. Buttttttttttt they are good for all bodyparts! Think how hard your core will be!!

my trainer makes me do burpees then planks for a minute after i finish my burpees. i better be able to wash clothes on my abs after a few months!! :)
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Yup, hate them, and they make me hate Jillian all the more.
  • kwinterscheidt
    Options
    Please tell me what a burpee is?

you start in a squatting position and jump your legs back to a plank position then jump your legs forward to your hands again then do an explosive jump up.... then you do the whole thing over again.
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am jumping on the "I hate burpees" bandwagon. Evil devlish things. However, they are a really great exercise, if that's what you are looking for I suppose :)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    the only reason i hate them is because my wrists are so weak...otherwise, i don't mind
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Who loves a sweet looking core!!! Burpee time!!! :tongue:

Well, when you put it like THAT... :wink:

Maybe I won't hate them once I can see my abdominal muscles.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Hmm - I'm guessing I'm the only one who thought this thread was about a baby burping cloth. Now that I knwo what they are - why in the world are they called burpees? Do they make you burp?
  • kwinterscheidt
    Options
    ok sine no one knows what they are/were including me i you tubed it and here they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM

i cant do them exactly like this ripped chick does but my trainer is having me work up to that! I am hoping that doing all these stupid burpees will make me look something like the chick in the video!!
  • kwinterscheidt
    Options
    Hmm - I'm guessing I'm the only one who thought this thread was about a baby burping cloth. Now that I knwo what they are - why in the world are they called burpees? Do they make you burp?

they do me!! i dont recommend eating anything before doing these!! i had a few bites of banana before i started my working and that banana just kept repeating on me the whole time i was doing burpees!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Oh snap add me in-- I despise SQUAT THRUSTS - even the name sounds like something a $2 hooker would do in the back alley!!!
    :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    LOATHE would be more appropriate... LOL

And I plan to add them into my jump routine so I can get better at them and torture myself even more!