Pole dancing fitness..has anyone tried it????

Options
There is a pole dancing class in my area and I am thinking about trying it. I am a little nervous, but I want to try something different and that is fun. If you have tried it and gotten results let me know. I go to the gym sometimes to go lift weights and work on toning, but not to be rude or silly, all of the exotic dancers I seen are all in tip top shape! Let me know what you think!

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I do the Flirty Girl Fit videos. They have pole dancing , but I am too big to get on a pole at this point. I do their aerobics, sexy circuit, and Booty beat strip aerobics videos. I really want to do a pole dancing class....when I won't break the pole!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing arm work out. You will be sore when you get home so have lots of bananas and orange juice for the potassium! lol
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I took one class a couple of years ago for a Bachelorette Party and our teacher was FIT! It was so hard to get up and down that pole, I bet it's a good workout!
  • LosinMama2b
    Options
    We have something called Diva Fit in my area (pole dancing for excercise) and I've always wanted to try it. A few of my friends have done it and their arms look awesome. As soon as I can find a class that I can actually attend regularly I'm totally doing it. All the classes so far are on days that I've already got something going on...so as soon as my schedule changes I'm on it. Let me know how it goes if you do it!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I wish this was offered somewhere near me....

hmm: Where can I get those videos?
  • kportelli70
    Options
    Whoo-Hoo!!! I sure do and I LOVE it! It is a GREAT workout. I actually have a pole I keep in my bedroom and I have one that travels with me. LOL
    I take it to Mardi Gras every year and we have a blast on it. I've also had pole dancing parties at my house and all my friends love it.
    The teacher I have is awesome and we developed a great friendship.
    I say go for it. You will love it and you will be amazed at the results. ;-)

Let me know if you end up taking classes.
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    I've tried it. It is super fun and you get a good work out, but because if it's expensive it is really easy to stop going. I've considered investing in my own pole. We'll see,
  • Foxerlina
    Foxerlina Posts: 51
    Options
    Yep! I have a pole in my room....taught myself! I personally don't think it made that much of a difference to my body even though I was doing inverts and aerial moves...but it does a hell of a lot for your confidence! I also focused on my flexibility too when i was practising.

I don't do it anymore, I got bored of it BUT I did go to a pole party the other week and was surprised to find out that I can still do all the spins and intermediate inverts I learned :D

xx
  • Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all of your help!!!:wink:
    I am going to order me a pole from ebay, but in the meantime, I am going to sign up for the class and let you guys know how it is! I am so excited! I want to do something different!!!

add me as a friends as well!!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I wish this was offered somewhere near me....

hmm: Where can I get those videos?

Me too. I think it'd be a lot of fun in addition to a great work out.
    I too would like to know how it goes for you if you do it.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I took classes last year and I loved it.....

Not sure I could see an improvement in my body as much as it made me feel sexy as hell
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    yes and it did wonders for my backside.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I do flirty girl and I love it !!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to give somone one a hott *kitten* lap dance !
  • kportelli70
    Options
    Buy either Lil Mynx or X Pole. They are the best ones out there. There are very sturdy. ;) Have fun!!!!!
    (My hubby LOVES it. That is how baby #5 came about. Drinking at the bar and then dancing on the pole. LOL)
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Whoo-Hoo!!! I sure do and I LOVE it! It is a GREAT workout. I actually have a pole I keep in my bedroom and I have one that travels with me. LOL
    I take it to Mardi Gras every year and we have a blast on it. I've also had pole dancing parties at my house and all my friends love it.
    The teacher I have is awesome and we developed a great friendship.
    I say go for it. You will love it and you will be amazed at the results. ;-)

Let me know if you end up taking classes.

Can I be your friend?
  • AngieRevised
    Options
    The dancing with the pole, pretty typical "dance" workout.

But The hanging upside down? Kinda like Yoga with pole......

Go try it girl, it's also a great excuse to buy some new high heels :flowerforyou:
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all of your help!!!:wink:
    I am going to order me a pole from ebay, but in the meantime, I am going to sign up for the class and let you guys know how it is! I am so excited! I want to do something different!!!

add me as a friends as well!!

Hooray! I'm glad you decided to be brave and go for it! I go to S Factor and absolutely love it. It's really great strength/core work, but I also hit the gym and do plenty of other workouts so that I can handle everything that we do in class.

It is so much fun! I hope you love it!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I used to take a class. I didn't notice any difference to my body and I didn't really like it because I didn't have the upper body strength to do a lot of the moves - made me really self conscious!
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I soooo want to try this!!!!
  • BellaaDonnaa
    Options
    I take Pole Dance Fit and I absolutely love it!! I definitely recommend it for anyone that wants to improve their core stability, muscular strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and confidence. Great workout and you feel sexy while doing it :wink: