Parma Ham

Options
aktarx
aktarx Posts: 11 Member
So I have no more carb allowance left, was searching what I could eat and came across parma ham. Can anyone confirm that it has no carbs? Plus what other foods can one have when found in this situation. Thanks

Replies

• aktarx
    Options
    This is the info I found. Is it too good to be true??

05yjy3o2l18q.png
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Check out any sliced deli ham in MFP's database -- almost all are low calorie per slice so I'm not sure what you mean by "too good to be true". Sodium content of ham and other cured meats is on the other hand another matter if you have blood pressure issues.
  • blondie_mfp
    blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure the low-fat cheddar cheese sticks I get at trader joe's have zero carbs and around 70 calories each.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Meat
  • aktarx
    Options
    I still have calories left, just no more carb allowance. Darn articokes will steer clear if them till I make wieght
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why would meat have carbs? And what happens if you exceed your carbs goal while still wihtin your calorie goal?
  • aktarx
    Options
    I just started this week, I would rather stick to my macros. Im having a spinach salad with grana flakes and parma ham. If I start 'cheating' it will be the begining of the end. I have 2 months to loose 8kg so no time to loose
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    aktarx wrote: »
    I just started this week, I would rather stick to my macros. Im having a spinach salad with grana flakes and parma ham. If I start 'cheating' it will be the begining of the end. I have 2 months to loose 8kg so no time to loose

That sounds delicious :smile: But remember that calories are king, and you'll get to your goal on time (if it's a sensible goal) if you stick to your calorie goal; sticking to any particular amount of carbs isn't necessary for weight loss.