Options
124»

Replies

• C_Stretton
    C_Stretton Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    jprewitt1 wrote: »
    Meatless sausage? So...it wasn't sausage?
    No, it's a soy/gluten based sausage substitute. If you're a meat eater, you could use actual sausage. Or bacon. Or whatever.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Weetabix + 1.5 cups of 2% milk + 1 tbs of chia seeds.
  • sliminby60
    sliminby60 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    3 slices of bacon 4 egg whites 2 slices of ezekiel bread 333 calories full till 1:00
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have porridge made with 100g almond milk, 35g oats, 15g protein powder and 50g of frozen berries. I am always so full once I've finished it.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I second the egg sandwich. When I dont work I usually make one of these with some turkey bacon and whole wheat toast and it holds me over for like 5 hours.
  • localgrr
    localgrr Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Sounds like your muesli has the carbs and fat bases covered, but what about protein? And how many calories is it total?
    I guess there's protien in the milk (50ml 1.5%) the cereal is 177 a bowl.
  • LookingforWhatsHerName
    Options
    It has taken me FOREVER to come up with a breakfast that keeps me until lunch without blowing a significant portion of my calorie budget.
    Finally I have figured it out:

1 egg fried in water
    1 small pink grapefruit
    20 grams of steel cut oats with 1 tsp of chia seeds and 1/2 tsp of sugar + cinnamon soaked over night in 1/2 cup water
    2 TBSP of fat free half and half with coffee

All this equals 250 calories or so and keeps me full enough for about 4 hours. I have found that skipping breakfast is a risky business in the event that work gets really busy right off the bat (I can't do my job with the shakes!) But large breakfast's make me hungrier throughout the day in general, as well as take up too many calories up front leaving me without my evening snacks, which are an absolute necessity!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Protein is very satisfying. Studies show potato and sweet potato are the most satiating carbs. Any food is good :)