• a4chase1
    a4chase1 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Monday Night Brewery: The Drafty Kilt
  • amthecozy
    amthecozy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Koko Brown from Kona Brewing Co. It's a seasonal beer, so I only get to have it a few times a year ... But it's glorious! Lol
  • jennaraemyers
    jennaraemyers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @StealthHealth that does sound quite delicious! I'm not one for IPAs, too hoppy and bitter for me
  • jennaraemyers
    Options
    Black Butte Porter

This is a delectable brew! Have you tried Mississippi Mud? Similar style, fantastic!

• jennaraemyers
    Options
    Empyrian Brewery's Darkside Vanilla Porter...made in Lincoln, NE

Love a good vanilla stout or porter! There is a local brewery that do one as a winter special - sublime.

I can't remember if I've tried that one or not. I just had a wonderful Cappuccino Stout last night by Lagunitas. It was so smooth and dark.
  • jennaraemyers
    Options
    amthecozy wrote: »
    My favorite is Koko Brown from Kona Brewing Co. It's a seasonal beer, so I only get to have it a few times a year ... But it's glorious! Lol

I had a sampler pack from Kona Brewing and all of them tasted very hoppy to me, I don't recall the Koko Brown being in there though.
  • nut4crew
    nut4crew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Amber Bock, 1554, 90 Shilling, and Shiner Bock Black, with Fat Tire a last choice
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    There's no way I could choose a single favorite. I don't think I can even choose a favorite brewery:
    New Glarus: Sour fruit beers are incredible, always hit traditional styles spot on
    Ale Asylum: Hopalicious for every day use, Mercy Grand Cru or Satisfaction Jacksin for fun
    Karben4: Fantasy Factory FTW
    Toppling Goliath: Masters of hops. Pseudo Sue is fantastic
    Dogfish Head: So creative and unusual
    O'So: Also great at sours and general alchemy
    Central Waters: Great strong beers especially bourbon barrel aged stuff
    Bell's: Good at everything: loved the Planets series, and
    Surly: Hop all the things
    3 Floyds: Not Normal. Want some Zombie Dust right now
    Others: Mobcraft, Revolution, New Holland, Door County, Lakefront, Brenner, 3 Sheeps, Tyranena, Metropolitan...

Of course I gave up alcohol for Lent and writing this is making me weep.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Kostritzer - black lager from Germany. It's hard to find a dark beer that tastes light but this is oh so good. Only a handful of places serve this beer and there's one place near me.
  • Slateofamuse
    Slateofamuse Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Innis and Gunn
    Mmmm this is one of my many faves, I love trying craft beers but when I'm out and about rickards red is usually go to since craft beers are just starting to make an appearance in my of the local eaterys and pubs around here
  • Slateofamuse
    Slateofamuse Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Empyrian Brewery's Darkside Vanilla Porter...made in Lincoln, NE

Love a good vanilla stout or porter! There is a local brewery that do one as a winter special - sublime.

I can't remember if I've tried that one or not. I just had a wonderful Cappuccino Stout last night by Lagunitas. It was so smooth and dark.
    I recently tried a maple butter tart beer, it was like dessert in a glass!
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yuengling and heineken
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It really depends on my mood as well as the season...weather...temp, etc...and there's no way I could possibly choose a single favorite.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I don't have a favorite beer. I like to drink seasonally. Right now I'm slowly leaving behind my porters and stouts and transitioning to wheat beers, saisons, and DIPAs.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Local Dallas Brew: Peticolas Velvet Hammer
  • Csy4242
    Csy4242 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Salty Dog Blueberry Beer
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    I find many beers to hoppy or bitter, so I have gravitated to stouts over the years. Our local brewery Oddside Ales has two that I love. Mayan Mocha Stout and Irish Mint. I also like New Holland's The Poet and I had a really great Breakfast Stout the other day, but I can't remember whose it was... A couple of stouts have become my weekly "treat/cheat".
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Captain's Daughter, Sip of Sunshine, Flying Jenny, Gbot, SeaHag, and the list continues. I'm in love currently with double IPA's.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    okay, I am sure there are no grammar nazi's on here; but I just noticed I used "to" instead of "too"! I hate that! I know, I should just have a beer and forget about it.