New to MFP

Options
127766.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Hey everyone!
I'm new to this site and I'm hoping to meet some people in the same situation I'm in to make this a fun and easy thing to do. I'm 31 with 2 kids (12 & 4). I work and go to school for court reporting. When I'm home the last thing I'm thinking about is working out and eating right. Hopefully this site will be just the tool I need to get it in gear. My little one starts school next year and I really don't want to be this weight when he starts. I have always hated being heavy and going to the school for my older son. I always thought that he might get teased about me. So things have got to change. 2009 is the year for change.

Replies

• motivatedmama
    Options
    127766.png

Hey everyone!
    I'm new to this site and I'm hoping to meet some people in the same situation I'm in to make this a fun and easy thing to do. I'm 31 with 2 kids (12 & 4). I work and go to school for court reporting. When I'm home the last thing I'm thinking about is working out and eating right. Hopefully this site will be just the tool I need to get it in gear. My little one starts school next year and I really don't want to be this weight when he starts. I have always hated being heavy and going to the school for my older son. I always thought that he might get teased about me. So things have got to change. 2009 is the year for change.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Your kids love you no matter what. They will love you more for doing things with them, they feel special when you come to school so don't be afraid. Moms come in all sizes! Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
    Amy

118984.png
  • lindaf1215
    Options
    I am 52 and have been over weight most of my life for a brief 5 yrs when i was 31 my husband was killed in a car accident and i lost 100 pounds in 4 months and kept it off for 5 yrs but then gained it back...My knees are shot my back kills me and i feel 80. Do it now before arthritis sets in and ruins your life. A freind recently died and she was 50 also and never went out of the house ..i heard some one say at the funeral what a waste of life..I felt so sorry when i heard that and thought to myself someone is going to sa that about me...I have recently lost 80 pounds and have 40 more to go. but like i said i am in constant pain I so wish i would of done it yrs ago before the wear and tear on my joints.... Good Luck live your life enjoy your children and just deal with it now and get it over with...