Starting...again

Options
dhawk2196
dhawk2196 Posts: 14 Member
I used MFP once before and lost the pounds, but then, i had to get surgery on my feet! Now 1.5 years, 3 surgeries and 20 lbs gained later i need MFP for help again! Unfortunately i am still on crutches but need to do something because i feel so ugly,lazy and uncomfortable ! I sit at my job all day for the most part and don't exercise due to my feet and still being on crutches....looking for friends and support and discussions on food ideas etc...:)

Replies

• SimpleLux
    SimpleLux Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I added you!!! I want to lose 20 also! Are you able to work out at all or are you exclusively calorie counting? I'm aiming for 4 workouts a week.
  • peternixon12
    peternixon12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you can't work out how about swimming
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Focus more on your diet and not activity. Actually recent studies have proven weight loss is more about diet and less about activity. Set MFP to a goal of 1 pound per week loss and stick to your numbers. Weigh your food (don't eyeball or measure with spoons or cups). Log everything. If you fall off the wagon get back on at the next meal/day. Good luck and you can do this!!
  • dhawk2196
    dhawk2196 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i can do some upper body stuff now, my recent surgery was in december and im at the point where there is new bone growth in my foot and it doesnt hurt to do stuff as much so im gonna start on some upper body weights or something! Great advise on watchin whatbineat and measuring it out!! :)
  • cher2178
    cher2178 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had great results w this app 2yrs ago then fell off the wagon...hard! Starting back up is hard but so worth it. I felt so good last time and I miss how active I was and how much better I felt all around. Feel free to add me!
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too. Good luck!!
  • mudpaw
    mudpaw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There are a lot videos on youtube and articles showing exercises and activities to do while recovering from foot surgeries or injuries. However I would like to second cathipa's recommendation to keep up your nutrition and eating habits. Being sedentary is very tempting to indulge in overeating and poor eating habits. Also please ask your podiatrist/doctor or physical therapist about when it is okay to starting exercising again and ask how much is too much. I would also recommend low-impact exercises and stretching before going fitness crazy again. It still amazes me how much flexibility I have lost over the years and how it limits what I can do. Getting old sucks. Anyway good luck.