Over 200 pounds to lose

I'm a 27 year old wife, mom of 3 and teacher. Just left the doctor for my physical and have hit my highest weight of 343 pounds. For the first time my blood pressure was also elevated (134/91) as well as elevated heart rate. Waiting on blood work results which I'm sure will not be very good.. I feel like I have SO far to go. It's very discouraging. I'm trying to focus on smaller goals but I feel very defeated and scared.

Replies

• Journeyfrom381
    Journeyfrom381 Posts: 46 Member
    Hi don't feel alone I'm 20 and 360 yes I felt discouraged and miserable the whole nine. Feel free to add me and message me so we can talk.
  • MelanieDawn_80
    MelanieDawn_80 Posts: 25 Member
    There is hope! I started out over 300 pounds and I've lost 100. i have 45 more to go. I'll send your friend request and anyone is welcome to add me too.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    I'm a 27 year old wife, mom of 3 and teacher. Just left the doctor for my physical and have hit my highest weight of 343 pounds. For the first time my blood pressure was also elevated (134/91) as well as elevated heart rate. Waiting on blood work results which I'm sure will not be very good.. I feel like I have SO far to go. It's very discouraging. I'm trying to focus on smaller goals but I feel very defeated and scared.

focus on smaller victory.
    Make small changes. Drink more water over soda.
    Move, move move.. go for a 5min walk , a 10min, then a 15 min walk etc..etc..

If you drink soda, try a flavor zero calorie bubbly water.

• MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Don't focus on that big number, set small goals. Take this one step at a time and this community is here for you. Seriously this place is amazing, you ever feel bad when you crack open that pint of ice cream, just go read the success story section. I'm not sure anyone here who has lost that much weight hasn't had setbacks.

It took me a long time to get this, that weight didn't just slap itself on in a month, it wont just come off in a month either.

Try and lose 2lbs, and once you get there, you might realize, I can do this, let me do 2 more... and then 2 more...

That's the only way I get through 12 miles of uphill bike riding at the gym. I keep telling myself, "Just go 5 more minutes... you've already done 5, it didn't kill you, do 5 more."

Add me you want more friends here, I'm here for the long haul.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    You can do it!!! Feel free to add me. I have a lot to lose too.
  • GymShark007
    GymShark007 Posts: 26 Member
    Its not difficult. ..as a matter of fact its gonna be easirr for you than most of us on here

You can add me n im known to crack pple up...laughin is a good workout too

STEP 1 : NO SODA OR SUGARY STUFF
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I don't even have a scale any more. It helps me focus on habits, instead of results.

I am currently focused on:
    Eating mindfully (ie, slowly and without distractions like TV)
    Walking 8000 steps a day
    Eating vegetables three times a day
  • rshaw11
    rshaw11 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm a 38 year old mom of 3, I'm currently at 335 lbs. I had a similar experience at the doctors, last week, when I was weighing 342. If you're looking for some support, feel free to add me.
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Hi!! I have 120 to lose. We've just started a new group called Losin' it!! and we'd love to have any of you join us!! We encourage, support, motivate, and challenge each other. You can send me a friend request if you'd like and I'll send you an invitation to the group or you can go to groups and scroll through the groups and ask to join us and I'll accept! Either way, I hope to see you there!
  • ChristinaELC
    ChristinaELC Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you for all of the encouragement :)