30 Day Shred Calorie Burn???

Options
Hey All! I just started the 30 day shred this week and wanted to know on average how many Calories do you think you burn on Level 1. I wanted to add it accurately to MFP.

If anyone has an idea, I'd greatly appreciate any advice!

Mahalo!!! Tina

SW: 152 05/2011
CW: 147
GW: 130

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My HRM says I burn around 200.
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    I log mine as circuit training.
  • Spreadborough
    Options
    Recommendations I have seen is to log as Circuit training, general for 20 minutes.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I found something that said for 150 lbs female its 177 but a lot of people have found different. I'm getting a heart rate monitor so i can have an accurate readout
  • celiamj
    celiamj Posts: 38
    Options
    I log as circuit training-general. But i also want to see what other people say!
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It depends on your current weight I think. I have entered it as circuit training (20 minutes). Hope this helps x
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You weigh exactly what I do so I can venture we would be about the same. Now, I count warmup and cooldown in my calorie burn... Level 1- around 250-260 Level 2- 280 Level 3- 280-290

The better you get at it I would go on the lower end of the spectrum or if you are resting/not doing all the moves. But that has been my average. Good luck!

(my results are from my heart rate monitor that I use every time)
  • jesihovey
    jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I read in an old thread that you would set it up as a proportion using the weight and calories provided elsewhere.

154 = (weight provided)
    503 = (calories burned by above in one hour)
    Your Weight = your weight
    # of calories YOU burn = X

154 Your Weight
    ____ = ____________

503 x

Then you solve for x by multiplying across the equal sign:

154x=Your weight X 503

So let's use my weight:

154x = 265 x 503
    154x = 133,295

divide by 154

x= 865 calories an hour

I do it for 20 minutes, which is a third of an hour, so 865/3=288

So 288 calories in 20 minutes.

Sorry if that is confusing, if you need help I can do it for you.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My HRM says I burn between 150 and 200 each time, which is fewer calories than MFP gives me for "circuit training-general." I weight around 130 pounds, if that makes a difference. Hope you're enjoying the workout!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    You weigh exactly what I do so I can venture we would be about the same. Now, I count warmup and cooldown in my calorie burn... Level 1- around 250-260 Level 2- 280 Level 3- 280-290

The better you get at it I would go on the lower end of the spectrum or if you are resting/not doing all the moves. But that has been my average. Good luck!

(my results are from my heart rate monitor that I use every time)

I would go with this. It does depend on how much effort you put into it, but I was consistently around 250ish, at least on level 1.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    on my HRM, for 30 mins including warm-up and cool down it was about 200 calories..but im a guy and weigh 189 lbs...im certain this would vary from person to person. using a HRM would yield you the most accurate results!
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey were about same weight (148lbs and 5"7) I Got 199cals last night doing the advanced girls and using 3 lb weights!! I'm just finished an hour walk and am about to start Shred now so I'll let u know if there's any change,but most people get 200 cals As far as I can see on MFP
    Xx
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    According to my HRM i burn anywhere between 250-280 for each level. It depends on how hard I am working that day. I'm also 198 and not in the greatest of shape lol. Someone who is, say, 150 would burn less calories then me
  • AnuMe901
    AnuMe901 Posts: 44
    Options
    My polar HRM says I burn 200 cals on level 1:smile:
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Oh, I use 5 pound weights but not sure if that matters much....
  • McGin87
    McGin87 Posts: 3
    Options
    I would recommend getting a HRM to get an accurate result. I burn about 250-280 during level 1 (5'1 and 155lbs). Level 2 is TBD.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Mahalo for all the Quick responses! It is amazing to see how many of you have used the 30 day shred and are as excited I as am still. You all are so inspiring and motivational!

Thank you for your help!

Tina
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I have a HRM and it said that I burned between 230-245 on level1.Today was D10L2 and I burned 284.I am 5'5 and 150 lbs
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I average around 200 per shred. :)
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Right Missy, Just finished Day 2/Level 1...hit exactly 198!! I WANT 200!!! lol I like even round numbers lol!! I used 4lb weights this time, ( i had to change back to 3 lb weights doing those side leg things!!)