This lady is challenging me!

MissConfidence
MissConfidence Posts: 441
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
Keeping up with my YouTube video subscription to exerciseTV I saw a post from them challenging me this week to work on lower body and legs. So, thought I would share and see who would like to join me. The challenge involves 60 lunges and 60 squats everyday this week. Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrGV8v8103A

My plan is to start today and do it everyday until next Monday. Adding it up means a total of 420 lunges and 420 squats which seem like pretty sweet numbers to me. So, who wants to play?

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    i don't think i could add 60 squats and lunges to my current routine and live through it, but i wanted to drop you a line just to say it's awesome that you're stepping up to the challenge! best of luck - it sounds lovely!
  • dawbygirl
    dawbygirl Posts: 19
    Hah! I love a challenge.
  • i don't think i could add 60 squats and lunges to my current routine and live through it, but i wanted to drop you a line just to say it's awesome that you're stepping up to the challenge! best of luck - it sounds lovely!

Thanks!
  • Hah! I love a challenge.

Bring it! :bigsmile:
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Count me in!!!! let's see how this goes!!!!!!:tongue:
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    I'll try! No guarantee that i won't be falling over doing them but I'll try!
  • I'll try! No guarantee that i won't be falling over doing them but I'll try!

LOL! THAT'S the spirit! :)
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    I love it! I'm in!!
  • phew... I'm gonna feel this tomorrow! Anyone else done yet?
  • dawbygirl
    I just finished mine, yes!! Wasn't so bad for me, since my current exercise of choice is kettlebell and before that, step aerobics. I also split it into three separate sessions during the day, so maybe that's cheating a little! My boyfriend said I needed to do 60 in a row of each before he would be impressed. :P
  • MrsRobertson1005
    About to do mine before dinner!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    I just finished mine, yes!! Wasn't so bad for me, since my current exercise of choice is kettlebell and before that, step aerobics. I also split it into three separate sessions during the day, so maybe that's cheating a little! My boyfriend said I needed to do 60 in a row of each before he would be impressed. :P

Haha yea my bf did 30DS with me so his mouth was shut while i was doing it. I have 40 more squats to do after dinner.
  • I just finished mine, yes!! Wasn't so bad for me, since my current exercise of choice is kettlebell and before that, step aerobics. I also split it into three separate sessions during the day, so maybe that's cheating a little! My boyfriend said I needed to do 60 in a row of each before he would be impressed. :P

Let's see your bf do it!!! :) No way, that's not cheating if you break it up throughout the day. I actually think it may be more effective. Anyway, gotta go do mine - day two bring it!
  • MrsRobertson1005

Let's see your bf do it!!! :) No way, that's not cheating if you break it up throughout the day. I actually think it may be more effective. Anyway, gotta go do mine - day two bring it!

Off topic but how do you update your ticker factory ticker?
  • dawbygirl

Ugh! I'm sure he could. Despite the smoking, drinking, and, like, 0% body fat, he's in really, really good shape. Half done for today!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    I'm here to support you!!! no way i can do 60 lunges a day
    and be able to repeat the next day.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    Got mine in Day 2, this plus my 30DS and my training walks has my thighs burning!
  • ohh im game i know im a day late but better late then never right :smile:
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    I've seen a few Ipod/Iphone/Ipads apps that are like this....crunches, pushups, squats etc. They care kind of like the C25K program and chart building up to exercises reps. For those of you interested in something that keeps track. One is http://www.twohundredsquats.com/iphoneapp.html

I may try some after I'm done with 30DS.
  • wow im not gonna lie my legs are dying right now ohhh short shorts here i come
This discussion has been closed.