Iifym correct?

Options
Iifym has me at 154g(40%) protein, 77g (35%) fat, and 58g(15%) carbs at 1544 calories. I'm having the hardest time eating so few carbs. Does this seem about right?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't sound like those are your macros.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? What options did you pick?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Right for what?

If you're having a hard time eating so few carbs, then obviously they aren't right for you.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Iifym has me at 154g(40%) protein, 77g (35%) fat, and 58g(15%) carbs at 1544 calories. I'm having the hardest time eating so few carbs. Does this seem about right?

40% + 35 + 15% = 90% Is this a typo, should be 100%. Regardless your carbs do seem low. You should be able to adjust the macros based on preference. Everyone is different. Better to base it on grams per body weight or lean body mass not percentages.

• snailwhale91
    snailwhale91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    193 pounds 5'3. I chose sedentary because I'm not working out and aggressive. Overall body fat
  • snailwhale91
    snailwhale91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »

40% + 35 + 15% = 90% Is this a typo, should be 100%. Regardless your carbs do seem low. You should be able to adjust the macros based on preference. Everyone is different. Better to base it on grams per body weight or lean body mass not percentages.

Oh and fat was 45. That was wrong. Sorry!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    right for what...that website is just a calculator capitalizing on a concept...there is no singular, optimal macro ratio...the "Y" in IIFYM is pretty important.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Oh and fat was 45. That was wrong. Sorry!

I don't use IIFYM calculator anymore, but it looks like you may have picked a low-carb, keto plan. Use MFP or Scooby's calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and adjust your macros to your preference. General rule is .6 to 1 gram of protein per pound, .35 to .4 grams of fat per pound and fill in the rest with carbs.