Fitness trackers

KandieCarmella
KandieCarmella Posts: 1,227 Member
I'm looking for a fitness tracker like the polar or the Fitbit but don't wanna jump in and buy one without opinions. I'm not new to fitness and would like something that tracks steps heart rate sleep and connects to my phone. And if it comes in wire and hot pink it makes it even better

Replies

• syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    @KandieCarmella I've had the polar loop for over a year now and really liked the fact that it tracks everything you mentioned. The other positive is it is water proof. I could swim and shower with it without worrying it would get ruined. The down side...you needed the strap for HR and it does not connect to MFP.

I just got the FitBit charge HR a few days ago for my 25-year work anniversary and am very pleased. Everything you mentioned is included, plus syncs with MFP and the HR monitor is integral. Down side...it is not water proof. I hope I don't forget to take it of when I shower.

Questions...give me a shout out!
  • syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    I think the charge HR comes in pink as well!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    I have a Charge HR too and love it!! syclops is right about the download side ~ it's not water proof. Everything is great for tracking and sync with MFP
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    I got the fitbit surge, it doesnt leave my wrist other than when i go shower, although it says it is waterproof. Does everything you want, but it only comes in orange navy and black.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    I have a Misfit/Swarovski crystal tracker. Works better than the Fitbit I used to have. Doesn't need to be recharged (the batteries last about 6 months) it's waterproof and unlike my Fitbit, will track when I'm swimming. The website syncs to MFP.
  • BaconBae
    BaconBae Posts: 4,568 Member
    Just got a Fitbit Charge HR a couple of weeks ago. So far it's tracking cal loss and has synced with MFP (although it took a couple of days). I still don't know how to program specific workouts. Need some tips from fellow Fitbit friends. Otherwise, tis good.

The only downside would be that a size small seems still big on my small wrists and I have to tighten it pretty well to keep it from shifting which leaves an indent :neutral:
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 616 Member
    Garmin Vivosmart HR. LOVE IT!!
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Garmin Fenix 3 HR.
  • FunbagsMcGee
    FunbagsMcGee Posts: 36 Member
    I use the Microsoft Band, and I love it. It will work with iPhone/ Android phones as well as Windows phones, but it's not waterproof.
  • KandieCarmella
    So it seems like charge hr is where it's at so far. @syclops thanks for the input. I don't want anything too invasive that I have to have a strap on my chest all the time. I don't mind it for workouts but after that it gets a bit invasive.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    I'm looking for a fitness tracker like the polar or the Fitbit but don't wanna jump in and buy one without opinions. I'm not new to fitness and would like something that tracks steps heart rate sleep and connects to my phone. And if it comes in wire and hot pink it makes it even better

I have a Polar FT 70 or 90 or whatever. The newest one. I love it for my workouts. I think it only comes in Black or White. My white one is pretty. For sleep tracking and steps other things I use my Samsung App on my phone.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    syclops wrote: »
    @KandieCarmella I've had the polar loop for over a year now and really liked the fact that it tracks everything you mentioned. The other positive is it is water proof. I could swim and shower with it without worrying it would get ruined. The down side...you needed the strap for HR and it does not connect to MFP.

I just got the FitBit charge HR a few days ago for my 25-year work anniversary and am very pleased. Everything you mentioned is included, plus syncs with MFP and the HR monitor is integral. Down side...it is not water proof. I hope I don't forget to take it of when I shower.

I had the FitBit Flex for years and used it to track steps. It finally burned out on me and did some research. FitBit just came out with the Blaze (shipped 1 March.) and it has everything you are looking for. It is not waterproof; you had not mentioned it in your requirements. It does track HR without a chest strap. Has a small assortment of colors and size you can make your initial order. Face is a tad larger. The user interface is in color and it does tack multiple types of exercise including stairs. It does track GPS through your cell. Mine comes in this afternoon, so I will be able to give a better opinion in a couple of days.

• KandieCarmella

I had the FitBit Flex for years and used it to track steps. It finally burned out on me and did some research. FitBit just came out with the Blaze (shipped 1 March.) and it has everything you are looking for. It is not waterproof; you had not mentioned it in your requirements. It does track HR without a chest strap. Has a small assortment of colors and size you can make your initial order. Face is a tad larger. The user interface is in color and it does tack multiple types of exercise including stairs. It does track GPS through your cell. Mine comes in this afternoon, so I will be able to give a better opinion in a couple of days.

For sure let me know how it goes! It looks cool
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member

For sure let me know how it goes! It looks cool

LOVE it. It is a little expensive but that's really objective depending on your budget. It appears to be fairly accurate in steps and distance. Do some research on it! I am very happy with it at this point. Especially the re-charging set-up. FirBit got it right for the Blaze. Sent you a PM also.